Klock Werks windshield update! - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks windshield update!

How about the "vortex" behind the shield? I'm curious if the air blows up your tshirt like a balloon. It's extremely annoying and that's another reason I like having a vent.

I had on a leather Jacket and sit back against a Utopia back rest so I can't answer the blowing shirt question till a nice sunny day. It has a nice air pocket till you get up around 80mph at which time you get quite a bit of turbulence in your ears. I use a carbon fiber Half Shell Helmet. I'm 6"-0 .Have not measured the Shield yet but I don't think its 14"s as they claim. Its actually below my chin. I'll do it tomorrow and Let ya know...................Dickie

Update: The shield measures 13" from the rubber strip to the top of the shield. Only 7" from the center of the dash up to the shield top. Therefore someone at Klock Werks is using a polish tape measure.........................More tomorrow.............Dickie

Well the Klock werks shield for my F6B in dark tint is on and I like it, but there are something's that you do need to be aware of.
    The fit and finish is perfect IMO with no issues in the installation. Now for one issue, I have the Rocky risers set as wide as they will go and the throttle cables hit the shield in a full left turn against the steering stop, thus not allowing me to lock the forks. After adjusting the throttle cable's angled position at the throttle I was able to get the steering lock to work without any damage to the cables or shield, the one(pull to open) throttle cable just lightly tags the corner of the shield, but no problems now.

The rider: me at 6'5" 35" inseam and 400 lb with a 68" chests (yea I'm wider at the top than a lot of guy are tall). I ride with a carbon graphite novelty helmet and sun glasses on my noggin.

The F6B: Stock seat until my RDL gets built, Rocky risers and ISO grips.

The ride: I look over the shield, but get no buffeting and can hear the radio all the way to 70 MPH as where it would normally get drowned out at any speeds over 40MPH with the OEM shield.
    There is a nice pocket of calm air and all the way to 90MPH(as far as I had it last night). The ride is smooth with no signs of turbulence or buffeting of the shield. In the following pic you can see the shield is 13 1/2" inside from the dash emblem to the top and how the shield hits the throttle cables with the Rocky risers at their widest position. I will get more time & speed in this afternoon and Sunday to get a better feeling for the shield, but my first impression is it is just what I wanted in a look and functionality from this size and stile of shield. I suspect once I get my RDL saddle and am lifted about an inch I may see more wind, but I did lift myself up off the seat while riding and found even as the wind increased I still had no buffeting and suspect no problems by being at tad taller with a new saddle.
    I have a set of Baker air wings on order and believe that will stop most of the air that is coming up my jacket sleeve, I had no billowing of my jacket from any backdraft, but until I get a passenger on board I can't say if the shield has a positive or negative effect on a passenger.

Attachment 4582

Attachment 4583

Attachment 4584

Attachment 4585

Attachment 4586

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Here are some more pic of the shield installed.
    From rubber to top of shield is 13".
    Attachment 4589

Attachment 4592

Attachment 4588

Attachment 4590

Attachment 4591

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Got mine. Klock Werks says the design is to change the cockpit air not eliminate it. Its main design is to put down force on the front of the Bike. That it wasn't designed for rider comfort. When you get above 80 mph it really beats you up. Got an ear ache on the way home from Daytona Fl. Last night and riding back to Daytona this Morning made it worse. Taking it off to see if I can drill a new hole and maybe gain an inch in Height and see if it Helps. The shield needs to be taller and Wider and maybe and angle change. Just my opinion but you know what they say about Opinions..............Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Got mine. Klock Werks says the design is to change the cockpit air not eliminate it. Its main design is to put down force on the front of the Bike. That it wasn't designed for rider comfort.
    I don't understand this at all......I changed my screen for my comfort. Since when does the F6B need more downforce. Klock Werks caters to the HD crowd. I've never heard of a windscreen maker state the F6 or the Goldwing needs more downforce on the front. I take this to hear from KW, our screen doesn't really do what you want a screen to do....it just looks good. I like the looks, but I like what my Madstad does better.

Yea what he said
    Ok he's done

Everything I changed on my bike was for "rider comfort". Guess I'll pass on this shield.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Got mine. Klock Werks says the design is to change the cockpit air not eliminate it. Its main design is to put down force on the front of the Bike. That it wasn't designed for rider comfort. When you get above 80 mph it really beats you up. Got an ear ache on the way home from Daytona Fl. Last night and riding back to Daytona this Morning made it worse. Taking it off to see if I can drill a new hole and maybe gain an inch in Height and see if it Helps. The shield needs to be taller and Wider and maybe and angle change. Just my opinion but you know what they say about Opinions..............Dickie
    The reason they told me this is because after the Klock Werks Windshield beat my ears up (I wear a Carbon Fiber Half Shell helmet) At 78 mph and gave me an ear ache I returned to Daytona to get a Refund and my old Windshield reinstalled. (I only Live 52 miles South Of Daytona so I only put 104 miles on it. Its as new) They said they do not accept returns. Something they neglected to tell me at time of sale) They said you bought it you own it. Then they gave me the above explanation!........Dickie