Klock Werks windshield update! - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks windshield update!

The wife say's she feels like she's getting blown off the back with this shield. That its way more turbulent . Lol this might be the only good thing about The klock Werks!
    Can't get her to ride while this shield is on................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    The wife say's she feels like she's getting blown off the back with this shield. That its way more turbulent . Lol this might be the only good thing about The klock Werks!
    Can't get her to ride while this shield is on................Dickie
    Just Kidding guys!

Yeah, this was next on my list but I may just hold off as well. I installed a recurve on my VTX for the sole purpose of running a shorter shield that performs like a tall shield. My goal is an aesthetically pleasing shield that routes most of the wind up and over my head. I don't foresee visiting Bonneville anytime soon so increased down force is not my goal. I'm sure there will be other offerings as time passes.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I had heard the 'origination' of the K-works shield design was due in part to needing more down-force on a bike they were using out on the salt flats,,, Long time ago in a land far-far away,,,

Naturally, NONE of the bikes we ride on the street need that down force, but the design does create a 'bubble' that some find to fulfill their needs for 'more wind protection from a shorter shield' and/or appearance.

Lotsa vendors have 'Flip' shields nowadays,,, Very few have 'more aggressive' amounts of 'flip' than K-works. Yep, depending on your taste's, they do look good, and most provide varying degree's of 'more wind protection from a shorter shield, but,,, 'flipping/stirring' air has very limited potential when it comes to comfort.

After owning/adjusting/testing 3 different 'flippers',,, eh,,, a 'pattern' of results was evident,,, They all ~work~ to varying degrees as long as; 1. You stay in the bubble and 2. Understand that the bubble will flatten out at speed. (Sorry, no passenger experience)

Keeping the air stream as straight as possible w/o creating 'spin' / turbulence is key,,,

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    The reason they told me this is because after the Klock Werks Windshield beat my ears up (I wear a Carbon Fiber Half Shell helmet) At 78 mph and gave me an ear ache I returned to Daytona to get a Refund and my old Windshield reinstalled. (I only Live 52 miles South Of Daytona so I only put 104 miles on it. Its as new) They said they do not accept returns. Something they neglected to tell me at time of sale) They said you bought it you own it. Then they gave me the above explanation!........Dickie
    Sorry to hear that Dickie. Guess I won't be getting one then. It's hard to support a company with that attitude.

Dammit

I was looking forward to this Klock Werks!! I have one on my SG and it is perfect!! Dickie, Maybe I could borrow yours for a few miles while riding with my lady! then a solo seat!!
    Although, They( Klock Werks) make at least 3 different heights for SG …I wonder why they only have 1 for the F6?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Sorry to hear that Dickie. Guess I won't be getting one then. It's hard to support a company with that attitude.
    THE SHIELD DOES LOOK GOOD, HOWEVER ......

CUSTOMER Service is mandatory on this forum, not interested in promoting products with no support. Dickie, I would have not left until a refund was issued. it's not like you purchased underwear and returned it after one use.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

It does look good! I really wanted one but I'm not sure if it's right for me. Kinda like the Cobras. You never know til you try it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    K-works does make a 'taller' version for the Wing, but it has been said K-works doesn't believe it will fit a 6,,,

I think it probably would,,,, (Might need some fender washers like the rest of us have used to mount GL1800 'Baggershields')

But the response dickie got was rather uncalled for.

Jeez, even if it had a 'been installed' look, most aftermarket shields are acrylic and a light polish job would fix that!

Maybe a restocking/reconditioning fee, if that, but 'you bought it, you got it' is pretty sad,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    K-works does make a 'taller' version for the Wing, but it has been said K-works doesn't believe it will fit a 6,,,

I think it probably would,,,, (Might need some fender washers like the rest of us have used to mount GL1800 'Baggershields')

But the response dickie got was rather uncalled for.

Jeez, even if it had a 'been installed' look, most aftermarket shields are acrylic and a light polish job would fix that!

Maybe a restocking/reconditioning fee, if that, but 'you bought it, you got it' is pretty sad,,,
    Before I bought the F6B model I asked about the taller one for the GL1800 and they insisted that it would NOT fit that the Holes are Offset. I'm not understanding their reluctance to make one taller for the F6B unless its a materials thing. Not really sure but I'm getting over it...............Dickie