The Holy Land - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: The Holy Land

  1. #31
    Senior Member willtill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I remember but now the baker wing won't stay in the open position. Every time you open it it closes as soon as force is applied. The last x-country I did in 2015 one of those birds hit me in the chest while going back and forth. It was like getting hit with a punch in the chest.
    Ya gotta tighten the bottom jam nut a little more to keep the Baker wing in position. Not too much and not too little.


    21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

    IBA 80537

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Menomonie, Wi
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ya gotta tighten the bottom jam nut a little more to keep the Baker wing in position. Not too much and not too little.
    Yes sir. I carry 2 small wrenches in my cubby, just for that purpose. Only takes a second to re adjust.

  3. #33
    Senior Member taxfree4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ya gotta tighten the bottom jam nut a little more to keep the Baker wing in position. Not too much and not too little.
    I did that but it still closed the port side one is fine. What I did notice is the wing itself is not square against the holding screw, it is angled so my guess is the collision with the bird either bent the unit itself or the mirror housing, from the larger crack that was created, make a difference in airflow direction as to shut the wing
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

  4. #34
    Senior Member willtill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,412
    Hey Mike, where you at? Did you make it back safely?


    21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

    IBA 80537

  5. #35
    Senior Member taxfree4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Hey Mike, where you at? Did you make it back safely?
    Yes sir, came home Tuesday. Wouldn't you know I didn't get rained on the whole trip, it rained at night. The last day, Tuesday, coming home from Clearfield, PA I was deluged with downpour. I considered it lucky. Anyway, thanks for mentioning MyRadar because I downloaded it and I is a very useful tool. I am posting the videos on YouTube on my channel taxfree4 if anyone is interested. I'm uploading Monument Valley as we speak. BTW, the side cover I lost came today and is installed. I'm going to miss the garbage pail/Paracord fix
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

  6. #36
    Senior Member willtill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Yes sir, came home Tuesday. Wouldn't you know I didn't get rained on the whole trip, it rained at night. The last day, Tuesday, coming home from Clearfield, PA I was deluged with downpour. I considered it lucky. Anyway, thanks for mentioning MyRadar because I downloaded it and I is a very useful tool. I am posting the videos on YouTube on my channel taxfree4 if anyone is interested. I'm uploading Monument Valley as we speak. BTW, the side cover I lost came today and is installed. I'm going to miss the garbage pail/Paracord fix


    21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

    IBA 80537

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •