Radio will not stay OFf?

Thread: Radio will not stay OFf?

Radio will not stay OFf?

2016 F6B, the radio will not stay OFF. When I push the knob in it displays OFF. A few seconds later it comes back on. Any ideas? Thanks

Try this: The volume knob doesn't turn off the radio. For GL1800 you have to push and hold the Audio button to turn off the system. If this don't work, disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes...then reattach.
    Last edited by glengarrygr; 06-20-2022 at 08:12 AM.

The meanie in me want's to say RTFM!!!

Honestly...Don't stop asking questions. even the stupid ones. I guaranty we've asked them too and I'll keep asking them.

Here's a digital copy of the F6B owners manual and my link starts with the Audio controls page. The Audio button turns the system ON and OFF and switches between headset and speaker outputs. Pushing the MODE knob allows for Treble, Bass, and other sound system changes.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Yea it got me for awhile, till I checked in the manual.

And that's why we have an owners manual.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Most people NEVER read an owners manual. To me that's just sad, it only takes an hour or two. My buddy pulls a boat with his small truck, he has no idea what the tow rating is on it. I had to show him how to put it in low range to pull the boat out of the water. He gets a new truck every 4-5 years on top of it.