Question Regarding the AUX IPHONE/IPOD USB in side bag.

Thread: Question Regarding the AUX IPHONE/IPOD USB in side bag.

Question Regarding the AUX IPHONE/IPOD USB in side bag.

Hey all,

I recently found an old IPOD in a drawer with a TON of music on it and wanted to try it out on my 2014 F6B.

First let me start off by saying I also have an ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS Bluetooth installed on the bike so I can stream Youtube Music through my bike wirelessly. I say this because it may affect your answer as to what the problem is.

When I ride in nice weather (i.e. NO CHANCE of rain what-so-ever) I always put my phone on my RAM mount and just stream music wirelessly. However, when the weather is iffy, or I don't want to put my phone out and want to listen to my IPOD, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the USB port with my Ipod.

It is connected, charging, and shows up on my dashboard. But I can't figure out how to swap from my phone to my IPOD.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Seth

You don’t say what bike you have. I also run an IPod in the bag when not streaming. I plug my phone directly to the aux cable in the cubby tho. Does the IPod have its own volume control? If you can see it on the dash it should be working. Do you switch between the 2 by pushing the aux button on the radio? I have both plugged in and switch between them with the aux button.

Hi Seth,
    I’m a tech moron but I’ll give it a shot. I listen to my iPhone music via bluetooth from my phone to a set of ear buds. I find music better to hear that way than playing it thru the bikes speakers. To do that, I connect my iPhones bluetooth to the earbuds. If I want to listen to my iPod which is connected to the USB in my saddlebag, all I do is press the AUX button on my bike’s radio controls. But, you first have to disconnect the bikes Bluetooth, Electrical Connection, on your phone I think. Make sure the Mute button is not pressed as well as turning the volume on your iPod all the way up.

You can then use the buttons below the volume button to change tracks on the iPod.
    Not even sure they’re called tracks anymore.

When in doubt pull out the owners manual.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Here's a screen grab of the F6B manual, not sure what year models, from ManualsLib.com I'm not "Apple" product expert but it looks like the list of usable IPods is very small.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 082219.jpg
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Last edited by Cali261; 06-29-2022 at 11:08 PM.

you can plug the IPOD up in the left bag and hit the AUX button and the IPOD will show up. You will be able to listen to music list that you have created and all of the music on the IPOD. It works great. Push AUX until IPOD pops up. You can also plug in a thumb drive here also as long as the drive is not to large.

Have a bunch of Sena stuff connected to my bike and what I did was with an adapter that sena has is plug from headset jack to a sena sm 10 that is a bluetooth transmitter.
    Have XM radio in cubby plugged in and had an Ipod in saddle bag.
    With this hook upI can listen to any device on bike. Radio Xm radio, Ipod or my phone.
    really easy. All these things play through my Sena headset.
    It was easy even an old fart phone guy can make it work.