2021 Road Glide vs. '13 F6B - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2021 Road Glide vs. '13 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Actually I found most of the discussion interesting, and it encouraged me to do more research on Harley's new engine. I've owned 6 Hondas, and really like my Valkyries and F6B. However, if I were in the market for another motorcycle I probably wouldn't be shopping in Honda dealerships. The company's passion for motorcycles started to decline after Mr. Honda died. That decline appears to be accelerating as evidenced by rumors of the Goldwing's demise. Their exit from Formula 1 racing is another indicator. Much of this is driven by a corporate green agenda that borders on extreme.

If I were looking at another motorcycle it would probably be a BMW or Triumph, or maybe even a Moto Guzzi. I'd consider an Indian, and might even take a look at a Harley. Wow, I can't believe I just said that!
    borderline suicidal. their corporate outlook at least on the US side has lost sight of the core beliefs of Mr Honda. its sad, and terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    This has been a very entertaining thread. The allegation that the best selling motorcycle in the United States does not meet EPA regulations is very mind blowing. One of the perks of my job at the museum and the dealership is that when I get the urge to enjoy the Harley Experience I take one of the bikes from our rental fleet for a few days. I enjoy riding the new Harleys, they are good quality bikes and fun to ride, just not my cup of tea. I always enjoy returning to my "B". Harley Davidson has done something no other motorcycle manufacturer has been able to do. They not only sell a motorcycle, they have marketed a lifestyle.

Our museum not only has Harley Davidsons. We have 141 motorcycles from 35 different manufacturers and 17 different countries. All of our motorcycles, some of which are over 100 years old, run. we are open 7 days a week and I invite any of you reading this to stop in anytime you are in Phoenix. I am not there everyday but if you let me know you are coming I will attempt to be there.

I am usually only in rentals one day a week. We have a large fleet of late model Harleys and Arizona has some really great riding areas. If you are in the area without a bike give it a thought. Pete who is now our rentals manager is a great guy and will take good care of you if I am not there.

Thank you jmdaniel for the kind words, you are a good friend and the many miles we have ridden together have always been very enjoyable.

Just a couple of last comments. I do reply with a quote occasionally but I don't remember doing any cut and pasting on this forum. Also whenever I am at the museum or the dealership my 93,000 mile F6B is parked behind the building near the employee entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    ...I first met Dwight at the Cortez B rally, and have been riding with him annually ever since. He's a friend of mine, a damn good rider, and leads groups of other riders all over the western US...
    I also had the pleasure of meeting and riding with Dwight in Cortez. I was in the small group he led on the Million$ Hwy, thru Telluride and Silverton. My interactions with him are among the relative few that I remember very well from that Rally. Even though it was only a few days, Dwight was obviously very knowledgeable, well-travelled, and a superb rider. I've zero reason to doubt anything he'd post, let alone be led to believe he was talking out of his ass or bullshitting anyone...
    Last edited by Elroy; 07-21-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Actually, it is an endorsement. I first met Dwight at the Cortez B rally, and have been riding with him annually ever since. He's a friend of mine, a damn good rider, and leads groups of other riders all over the western US. At least, when he's not busy as curator of the Harley museum at the oldest Harley dealership in Phoenix, or running their rental program. The only thing that annoys me about him is his encyclopedic memory of all the roads in CO, UT, NM, AZ, and other places. When he starts a conversation with, "Well, Jeff, certainly you know that you go down 121, and take a left on 35, for just a short bit, then look for the sign for that old hotel that burned down in the 70s; take a right just past that...", I just reply, "Sounds good, I'll be right behind you." That memory, as it pertains to Harley info, isn't cut and paste.

As far as you, there is a phrase used in Texas when coming across the human version of a bothersome gnat:

Bless Your Heart

Have a good one! Still running two different sets of foot pegs on your B at the same time? Still using the remnant of a plastic bucket for a side cover?
    I'm happy you and the librarian are buddies, that's what this forum is all about, making friends, according to the other member of the cheerleading crew. As far as the pegs I bought the bike with the Rivco Pegs but don't use them, I use the Kuryakyn, didnt see a need to take the off till I sold them, which I have to someone on this forum. I replaced the side cover weeks ago, I guess you'd never have that problem back and forth to the diner. As far as you go we also have a saying in NYC for guys like you, more like advice "I hope the librarian doesn't turn around too fast, he may snap your neck"
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    This has been a very entertaining thread. The allegation that the best selling motorcycle in the United States does not meet EPA regulations is very mind blowing. One of the perks of my job at the museum and the dealership is that when I get the urge to enjoy the Harley Experience I take one of the bikes from our rental fleet for a few days. I enjoy riding the new Harleys, they are good quality bikes and fun to ride, just not my cup of tea. I always enjoy returning to my "B". Harley Davidson has done something no other motorcycle manufacturer has been able to do. They not only sell a motorcycle, they have marketed a lifestyle.

Our museum not only has Harley Davidsons. We have 141 motorcycles from 35 different manufacturers and 17 different countries. All of our motorcycles, some of which are over 100 years old, run. we are open 7 days a week and I invite any of you reading this to stop in anytime you are in Phoenix. I am not there everyday but if you let me know you are coming I will attempt to be there.

I am usually only in rentals one day a week. We have a large fleet of late model Harleys and Arizona has some really great riding areas. If you are in the area without a bike give it a thought. Pete who is now our rentals manager is a great guy and will take good care of you if I am not there.

Thank you jmdaniel for the kind words, you are a good friend and the many miles we have ridden together have always been very enjoyable.

Just a couple of last comments. I do reply with a quote occasionally but I don't remember doing any cut and pasting on this forum. Also whenever I am at the museum or the dealership my 93,000 mile F6B is parked behind the building near the employee entrance.
    Again reading comprehension is a problem my statement was not that it doesn't meet EPA Standards but that iy was never meant to meet those standards which is the reason it has to run so extremely hot and doing the damage it was and still is doing to the interior parts of the motor. Just look at the teardowns of this motor, some after only 500 miles. "They'll never fix it" as I've said
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I can't figure how to comment on this particular post.
    I dont want to get my head bit off so,,,, So I'll just sit back and wait for the bell.
    Cary on.
    Not hitting below the drive belt.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I closed this thread.