2021 Road Glide vs. '13 F6B - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Road Glide vs. '13 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Let's see if they fix it, they won't, you'll be wrong a second time.
    That's the non-answer I was expecting!

You claimed the Milwaukee 8 engine 'was never meant to meet EPA standards'. That's big news! Surely it would have leaked out and be well known 5 years after the rollout. Did you just make that up to keep this conversation lively?

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Arguing about Harley on a Goldwing forum. Why don't you guys PM each other instead of acting like kids.
    Actually I found most of the discussion interesting, and it encouraged me to do more research on Harley's new engine. I've owned 6 Hondas, and really like my Valkyries and F6B. However, if I were in the market for another motorcycle I probably wouldn't be shopping in Honda dealerships. The company's passion for motorcycles started to decline after Mr. Honda died. That decline appears to be accelerating as evidenced by rumors of the Goldwing's demise. Their exit from Formula 1 racing is another indicator. Much of this is driven by a corporate green agenda that borders on extreme.

If I were looking at another motorcycle it would probably be a BMW or Triumph, or maybe even a Moto Guzzi. I'd consider an Indian, and might even take a look at a Harley. Wow, I can't believe I just said that!

You Google very well, like people who use other people's footnotes as their own. I stated that the motor was never made to meet EPA Standards. You left out the end part of the equation. In order to meet them this motor has to run super hot as I ride with Harley technicians, having myself owned them for 35 years. They have pulled temps of between 350-360 degrees, with their Dynojet Power Visions on regular days with low humidity, highway riding no traffic resulting in cracks in the head usually in between the exhaust ports, piston ring failure, worn valve guides etc, etc etc. This motor was not designed for baggers getting caught in traffic or city riding. You can google all the specs you want, they're useless in real world settings. This racing motor works great on the track. See no googling
    Googling? Dude, you have no idea what Dwight does for a part time job, when he's not riding his B.

[QUOTE=DaWadd;189167]Arguing about Harley on a Goldwing forum. Why don't you guys PM each other instead of acting like kids.[/QUOTE

It's so easy for me to mind my own business why is it so hard for other people. This is a discussion about motorcycles. There is no prohibition about what motorcycles we discuss. To voluntarily go out of your way to be annoyed, offended or just pissed, and then comment on it, seems a little menstrual. I suggest you don't read the posts that annoy you and if you have nothing constructive to add...don't, otherwise, move on.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Googling? Dude, you have no idea what Dwight does for a part time job, when he's not riding his B.
    What does that matter, the facts don't care what anyone does part or full time and it doesn't need anyone to believe them to be true. These guys I ride with actually test, work and repair these motors in the real world, and this problem is industry wide, no secret, they run super hot because they have to meet the EPA Standards. Harley doesn't care like they've never cared.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    That's the non-answer I was expecting!

You claimed the Milwaukee 8 engine 'was never meant to meet EPA standards'. That's big news! Surely it would have leaked out and be well known 5 years after the rollout. Did you just make that up to keep this conversation lively?
    Y
    True, because Harley is always open and honest with their customers. Like the throttle lag I had in my 2010 Street Glide that I actually took the dealer, which has since gone out of business (Miracle Mile), to court, and won, because they wouldn't admit there was a problem .Finally, I found a dealer in Pennsylvania who pinpointed the problem, software glitch. Or the deceleration death wobble on my buddies Ultra that the dealer denied repeatedly, despite him having video of it. Harley doesn't care as they know, no matter what there are gullible diner pirates out there who will never switch, even if they have to move the cats farther back so you don't literally fry your balls off. Just look at the teardown of these motors, some after 500 miles.

What does that matter, the facts don't care what anyone does part or full time and it doesn't need anyone to believe them to be true. These guys I ride with actually test, work and repair these motors in the real world, and this problem is industry wide, no secret, they run super hot because they have to meet the EPA Standards. Harley doesn't care like they've never cared.
    I seem to remeber you saying the M8 would never meet EPA standards, now you are saying it does. You also said your buddies the "Harley technicians" were running tuners. With tuners they are able to change the fuel mapping and ignition timing and afterwards they are complaining about head temperatures.

You are right the facts don't care what anyone does full or part time and I haven't seen you present any facts, just your opinions which are contrary to the facts.

Who gives a shit.
    Id rather talk about weather we will still have anything to ride in a few years.
    We'll all be on electric bicycles if this social nonsense keeps snowballing.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Where You Gonna Charge It?

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Who gives a shit.
    Id rather talk about weather we will still have anything to ride in a few years.
    We'll all be on electric bicycles if this social nonsense keeps snowballing.
    But good luck finding a place to charge them!

I've told friends who are mesmerized by EVs that while they work well in some situations, it's pure fantasy that we'll be able to add millions of new EVs to a grid that is already marginal. Just look at Texas where they're being told postpone charging and turn off appliances because wind power is providing less than 8% of its 'installed capacity'. Rationing is being implemented in the UK, where mandated 'smart' chargers stop functioning from 8-11 AM and 4-10 PM. That's what's in store for us if we keep trying to electrify everything.

He is the curator of this place, dude. He knows a thing or two about a thing or two, Harley related.

https://www.buddystubbshd.com/museum