New Member...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member...

New Member...

Hello all, Ontario Canada here.
    I just purchased a used 2017 F6B, wow, I bought a wing! So excited. I've been riding a 2004 VTX1300, for years now, but this is a nice step up. So I have many questions to ask, especially in regards to seat and exhaust choices. From what I've read here, the Mustang seat seems to be a favorite and I could use the reduced height it would provide as well. (I'm 5'8").
    To be honest, I'm disappointed with the sound from the exhaust. It's stock on this bike, but I was always led to believe Gold Wings were quiet. I have several ideas about how to tackle this... are 2013-2014 model f6bs using the same exhaust? Are they different (quieter)? The reason I ask is I just saw an ad for a 2013 exhaust (in the box) that someone wants to unload. Would it fit a 2017? Can my 2017 use a Gold Wing exhaust? Do they fit the same?
    I'd appreciate any advice you can send my way and I'm looking forward to this summer with this bike. It's solid, handles well and quite powerful, love it.

Cheers, Mark
    Last edited by Hydrazine; 07-07-2022 at 11:20 PM.
    2017 F6B
    Bullet Silver Deluxe

Congrats on the purchase. As far as seats go I found the Mustang comfy but my knees did not. Sat too low. I ended up replacing it with an Ultimate Mid-Rider w/drivers backrest. I'm 6ft. My 13's exhaust is quiet and that's how I like it. Enjoy your new to you bike.
    2013 F6B in black of course

They didn’t make a 2017 F6b so we’ll assume you’ve got a 16. The exhaust on 13/14’s was supposedly a softer tone. Can’t say I could tell much difference. Do you possibly have an aftermarket exhaust or maybe torque loops with the stock mufflers?

Yes they did make a 2017 F6B. Was the last year for that model.
    2013 F6B in black of course

If I was to get an aftermarket seat, this is the brand I would go with on this bike

https://day-long.com/

I have a Mustang seat on another bike, it works, is more comfortable than stock but is not as nice as a Russell Day-Long

Ditto for the Russell Day Long, just completed a 7474 mile cross country on June 21 and I've had other seats on other bikes but nothing compares to an RDL
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

If you're going to change the exhaust do yourself, and your bike, a favor and install Torq Loopz
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

+1 on the torque loops. But keep them in case you sell the bike.
    I think in the near future you wont be able to drive a vehicle in some states with out cats.
    In some states you have to get them checked every so often. the vehicle has to pass an emission test to get a sticker to drive it on the road.
    My 13 B is a bear now with the cats removed.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Thanks for the response, I've been getting accustomed to this larger bike, (compared to my VTX) and one thing I want to change is the seat height. I'm 5'8 so Im on my toes at a street light, so I want a lower seat. The Mustang is $1000 (give or take) and I'm unsure it would solve the problem. Do you think it would? Is the passenger seat comfortable as well?
    You mentioned your '13 was quiet so I ordered NOS 2013 F6B mufflers which I hope will prove quieter than the stock ones I'm using. I found a pair on Kijiji, still in the box, reasonable price.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. As far as seats go I found the Mustang comfy but my knees did not. Sat too low. I ended up replacing it with an Ultimate Mid-Rider w/drivers backrest. I'm 6ft. My 13's exhaust is quiet and that's how I like it. Enjoy your new to you bike.
    2017 F6B
    Bullet Silver Deluxe