introduction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: introduction

introduction

Joined a few months ago when I got my new to me F6B, time for a propper introduction. Ive always been partial to the honda's, had an '81 twinstar 200 starting out in high school, then baught my 05 shadow spirit in 2012 and rode that for the next 10 years, been wanting to upgrade to the b for the last couple years and finally decided to pull the trigger after seeing one in white. Found this one in Littleton NH on cycletrader and by the next day had the purchase agreement done and a one way plane ticket out from Ohio for the first weekend in april. flight out was a nightmare (wont be doing any more layovers in philly) but all worked out in the end. Rode the 850 miles from there home, first day through vermont and up state NY into syracuse for the night then jumped on 90 and made it home in just under 8 hours.
    F6B NH.jpg
    F6B NY.jpg
    since getting it home Ive added a few things to make it mine, and made a 6" taller back rest bracket for the wife. Added the belly pan after kicking up a piece of schedule 80 pipe leaving work one afternoon and draining my oil less than a mile from work. was able to walk back and get a new filter and oil at our service department and fixed it on the side of the road.

Welcome Mike! I’m a newbie as well to the F6B but I’ve been riding 50+ years on a lot of bikes. The b is, by far, the best all around bike I’ve ridden.

Now that is a great reason to have a belly pan! Most owners worry about the coolant reservoir, but the filter is in a more vulnerable location.

Welcome, Mike!

Nice bike, congrats. Crazy story, what belly pan did you get? I am considering one, I'd like one that offered a bit of skid plate as well, I rubbed fairly hard at a slow roll off a curb, didn't like hitting the area I rubbed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

i went with the show chrome one in black. its not super sturdy but provides enough protection for the filter and should take a good blow before damaging the bottom of the bike.
    skid plate.jpg

Welcome from Wisconsin
    I have the same belly pan on both my bikes.
    The B is a great bike.
    Enjoy your ride and be safe

and heres the back rest. just bent a piece of 3.5" flat stock and used the old one as a template for the holes.
    backrest.jpg
    backrest 2.jpg
    backrest 3.jpg

Wow, that filter looks terrible. Maybe you're lucky it absorbed the damage, rather than some much more expensive part of the engine.