New to F6B

Thread: New to F6B

New to F6B

Hello all

I’m a new member here as of this past Friday. I had been looking at getting back on two wheels for a bit. My current ride is a 2001 Vulcan drifter 1500 with a side car I picked up around 2010. It’s fun riding around with my dogs, grandchildren or wife (yes in that order). I guess like others, I keep coming back to Honda.. Started on a cat mini bike, Honda mini trail in yellow, Kawasaki kz400 in the late 70’s. Then a Yamaha XS650 to a 1982 honda cb1000 special. With all the traffic congestion on Long Island I sold that bike not felling safe with the nuts in the Hamptons. Moved to Georgia and picked up a Yamaha road star and really enjoyed having a v-twin on country roads. Moved to Florida and sold the Yamaha being totally bored with flat straight roads and heat. Just wasn’t for me. Had a Honda reflex for a few years as my car Loved pulling up to harleys at stop lights. Those cats didn’t want anything to do with me on a scooter. I’d beep my horn and tell them “you meet the nicest people on a Honda”. LOL. Picked up my sidecar rig as improved personal transportation while in Florida. Now after being back in Georgia I’ve gotten that itch for 2 wheel biking again. Never had a Honda flat 6 before so now’s the time. Just purchased a 2014 F6B that I hope to have delivered in a few weeks. Love the look and reviews. Can’t wait to ride! I be reach out to you all for info, help and suggestions in the future so thank you in advance!

FEC213E3-13BE-4A6B-A185-EFD3252C46AC.jpgC54C41F0-490A-41F3-BF57-54A6643FB80E.jpg6014AE8D-CB88-4D39-91F1-4695FC2DAA70.jpg
    Last edited by Mikeo; 07-14-2022 at 09:48 AM.

My first ride was a Cat mini bike also. Orange with a black 3 hp Briggs, great fun but my dad hated the ruts and tore up grass in the yard. The final straw was when I pulled my cousin around the yard tied to my brothers Big Wheel. Right into the clothesline post! Young and dumb.

Welcome from Wisconsin
    Love the looks of your sidecar
    Enjoy your new B.

Any man that rides with his dogs is okay by me, welcome. You are going to love the "B", having had Harleys for years, with its' famous throttle lag, beware when you crack the throttle and the holy $--t moment throws you back in your seat like it did me. Anyway, welcome lots of great info here from the best, most generous people on any forum.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Well welcome to the Board. You'll get your questions answered here for sure. Great bike as you will affirm once you get yours. I just got back from a trip to Billings, MT and back to Pan-handle of FL. A 5k + ride that my B was ideal for this trip. Enjoy!

Thanks all. Farside - I maybe making a long maiden voyage myself if a decent shipping quote Iowa to Georgia doesn’t come through soon. Good grief.

Welcome Mike! Love the sidecar setup and beautiful looking dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo View Post
    Thanks all. Farside - I maybe making a long maiden voyage myself if a decent shipping quote Iowa to Georgia doesn’t come through soon. Good grief.
    Welcome! And the maiden voyage you spoke of, would be a good trip to get the feel of the F6.

Welcome.
    You'll wonder why you waited so long.
    ITS ALL GOOD