Saved the best for last - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saved the best for last

Thanks for sharing the photos of the Memorial. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the photos of the Memorial. Good stuff!
    I was left speechless, for a town with 1200 people to put up such a incredible dedication.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I stumbled upon another beautiful war memorial about a month ago, in far north Wisconsin, by Presque Isle, near the intersection of hwy 64 and county W., just a couple miles south of Michigan's U.P. There doesn't even seem to be a town nearby, but it is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, I'm not as smart as my phone, so I am unqualified to post my pics. If your ever in that area, check it out. Also, some great backroad country riding in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I stumbled upon another beautiful war memorial about a month ago, in far north Wisconsin, by Presque Isle, near the intersection of hwy 64 and county W., just a couple miles south of Michigan's U.P. There doesn't even seem to be a town nearby, but it is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, I'm not as smart as my phone, so I am unqualified to post my pics. If your ever in that area, check it out. Also, some great backroad country riding in the area.
    I definitely will, thanks for the heads up. BTW, Menomonie, besides Temecula, CA., is my favorite American city names of all time.

Ordered her yesterday, she came today, and she's beautiful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Ordered her yesterday, she came today, and she's beautiful.
    Most excellent Start at 28psi, that's what I run in my run flat tire.

Since you are a first time Darksider... be aware that you will feel a little lateral "drift" if you stop at an intersection, which the pavement sometimes has worn spots in it from heavy traffic. Not a big deal, keep a good grip on the handlebars if you encounter it. The car tire will try to find the bottom of the worn spot in the pavement. Not an issue if you are at speed, but when slowing to a stop you will sense it.

Other than that, you are going to love the handling, longevity, traction and being a member of a discipline that defies all and naysayers.
    Last edited by willtill; 07-29-2022 at 10:35 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Most excellent Start at 28psi, that's what I run in my run flat tire.

Since you are a first time Darksider... be aware that you will feel a little lateral "drift" if you stop at an intersection, which the pavement sometimes has worn spots in it from heavy traffic. Not a big deal, keep a good grip on the handlebars if you encounter it. The car tire will try to find the bottom of the worn spot in the pavement. Not an issue if you are at speed, but when slowing to a stop you will sense it.

Other than that, you are going to love the handling, longevity, traction and being a member of a discipline that defies all and naysayers.
    Thanks for the heads up, in the midst of it now. Had a blow up mattress that Inflated and once she was leaned over let the air out and she laid down far enough for me to get the center stand out. Needed a breaker bar but they came off. 80ft lbs if I'm not mistaken on the rear. Anyway, was given the 3rd degree at the tire shop told them it was for a sidecar, paid in cash no receipt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taxfree4; 07-29-2022 at 04:44 PM.

What in the name of Sam Hill, took a ride on the new tire and it was the same feeling I had after I rode on my Russell Day Long, I said to myself how the hell did I ever do all those x-country rides without it. 28 psi was a little mushy for this tire so I bumped it up, I'm going to play with it till it feels right. I felt the difference immediately in the ride I took. It just feels more stable, a little more counter steering but nothing drastic. I will do a lot more riding to break that tire in but I definitely feel a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    What in the name of Sam Hill, took a ride on the new tire and it was the same feeling I had after I rode on my Russell Day Long, I said to myself how the hell did I ever do all those x-country rides without it. 28 psi was a little mushy for this tire so I bumped it up, I'm going to play with it till it feels right. I felt the difference immediately in the ride I took. It just feels more stable, a little more counter steering but nothing drastic. I will do a lot more riding to break that tire in but I definitely feel a difference.
    Very good.

It should not take a lot more PSI... the run flats have stiffer sidewalls so if you put too much air pressure in them, the sidewall will not deform correctly during a lean of the bike into a corner. The mushiness you feel is the sidewall deforming to keep more tread on the pavement. You will get used to this sensation and it will not be noticeable later on.

Watch the rub marks on the side of the tread. If it looks like you are rubbing on the area above the edge of the tread, reduce that PSI a bit.

I'll run out in a bit and take a pic of my CT's run flat tread edge to show you what I'm talking about, once this damned rain stops.

On edit: 28PSI

Last edited by willtill; 07-29-2022 at 06:19 PM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Very good.

It should not take a lot more PSI... the run flats have stiffer sidewalls so if you put too much air pressure in them, the sidewall will not deform correctly during a lean of the bike into a corner. The mushiness you feel is the sidewall deforming to keep more tread on the pavement. You will get used to this sensation and it will not be noticeable later on.

Watch the rub marks on the side of the tread. If it looks like you are rubbing on the area above the edge of the tread, reduce that PSI a bit.

I'll run out in a bit and take a pic of my CT's run flat tread edge to show you what I'm talking about, once this damned rain stops.

On edit: 28PSI

Gotcha, will reduce the psi.