Respect from Harley guys?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Respect from Harley guys?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Respect from Harley guys?

I was putting gas in my 99 Triumph an a guy remarks all he has ever owned are Triumphs and currently rides an America. He then says "The Harley guys respect Triumph's." I told him I don't give a sh*t what they think. He then says his friends have Harleys so that's why he cares. It's hard to believe people go thru life trying to please other people like this. I ride solo, maybe that's why I was so shocked by that.

Lol! I’m a independent too. Have no desire to ride with some herd nor strive to be noticed/respected by the same.

Question: Do you know why Harley pirates always look so grim when they ride?

Answer: Because they all realize that they paid too much for the wrong motorcycle.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

98% of Harleys are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.

Worldly trends and norms which r made "by the people for the people" these social concepts create insecurities and decrease the morals.....Harley isn't bad enough or other companies not as well. Every single brand either its local or international always have some pros and cons at the same time.

People always brag about how many miles are on their vehicles.
    My first question is, " How much money did it take to get it there".
    ITS ALL GOOD

Back in 2017 I took the trip of a lifetime for me,10 states 4400 miles in 14 days all solo on a Victory Cross Roads. I saw more Harleys on trailers or in trucks than actually being ridden in that time. Another time I saw a trailer full of Harleys being pulled by a motor home on the way to Sturgis. Painted on the trailer was "It's not the destination, it's the journey that matters" next to the HD bar & shield. Could not believe what I was seeing.

I was at the local HarleyDavidson dealership browsing for a new helmet. When I came outside there was a couple fellas looking at my F6B. Both thought it was a very nice bike. I was surprised by their comments.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Most of the people in my MC ride harleys, pretty much all of them tell me how much they like how comfortable my F6B looks, but they all say they'll never ride anything other than harley...although can't give a good reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    Most of the people in my MC ride harleys, pretty much all of them tell me how much they like how comfortable my F6B looks, but they all say they'll never ride anything other than harley...although can't give a good reason why.
    One word: Insecurity

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Ever go to the rally at Sturgis? I've been to 4 rallys, one on a Kawasaki, one on a Yamaha, and twice on my F6B. There must be 80K Harleys, and almost all are brought in on trailers. They don't seem to ride very much, but they like to walk the streets and look at other Harleys. Plenty of good roads they could be riding, instead of standing around in Sturgis, or going to the HD place in Deadwood.