Pre-Sturgis Ride

Thread: Pre-Sturgis Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    F6Dave, the VRCC held their annual INZANE in Billings Montana this year. Some of the group from Fl. went through the Black Hills and visited Rushmore. You only missed them by a few weeks. They did report that the trip was quite hot and windy.

Quote Originally Posted by FLsixB View Post
    F6Dave, the VRCC held their annual INZANE in Billings Montana this year. Some of the group from Fl. went through the Black Hills and visited Rushmore. You only missed them by a few weeks. They did report that the trip was quite hot and windy.
    I was there in Billings, but only for one night as I had to get somewhere else. I'll agree about the wind. It was horrible. There was a stretch of I-25 north of Cheyenne where I wouldn't dare take even one hand off the grip, and my helmet felt like it was getting ripped off my head twice. I saw some 18 wheelers blown over. Possibly the worst wind I've ever ridden in and it lasted for over a hundred miles. Thankfully it got much better for my ride back. The flooding was at it's peak during the rally, so mother nature was putting on quite a show! There were nearly submerged buildings along the Yellowstone River very close to the hotel.

I rode my F6B to that rally and there were several others. In fact, I think there was at least one of every color Honda made.

Here's some of the flooding...

Last edited by F6Dave; 07-26-2022 at 09:24 PM.