Installed New Ultimate Seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed New Ultimate Seat

Installed New Ultimate Seat

Christmas came early!
    I installed my new ultimate Seat. Here are my first impressions.
    SWEET!
    After install (took 25 minutes start to finish), I had no issues with saddlebag latches or removing side covers with seat in place.
    This seat will put you approximately 1/2 inch closer to the handle bars. I measured the stock seat from the gas tank cover to the seam that begins the driver's backstop (if you can call it that). There is more of a slope on the stock seat. The new ultimate is more vertical and feels more supportive. This seat also feels narrower in the front so if seat height is a problem when stopped, this may allow you to touch flat footed.
    So the dimensions from the gas tank cover to the beginning of the rise to the passenger section on the stock unit is approximately 19.5 inches and the Ultimate is 19.0 inches.
    The top of the rise to the passenger area is much different. The stock unit is 23" to the gas tank and the ultimate is 20". So you can see the slope is much more vertical with the ultimate. The height of both seats from driver to passenger is the same at approximately 6.5"
    Here's the approximate dimensional view
    Attachment 3449
    Here's the final Product
    Attachment 3450
    And if you have never removed your seat, these are the pieces.
    Attachment 3451
    The snow here is melting rapidly and I hope to ride on Christmas day. Just sitting on this seat is telling me it was worth the wait. Now I'll put Sweetie on it and get the final Vote. She already sat on it off the bike and liked it so this should be just a formality.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Looks good!

Great informative pictures as well!

Just compared them with the pics of myself on my OEM seat. The 23" point of the OEM seat is where my back was located. Looks like the backrest on the Ultimate is at ~20"~

Thanks goodness not everyone has the same issues I have!

Did mine today too!

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    Did mine today too!
    That really looks nice. Be sure to give us your first impressions for those of us who haven't made a decision yet. It comes down to preference I guess, best seat I ever had was an RDL, but I am open minded and want the feedback from all the brands. Like I said, looks nice, its down to the RDL or this one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    That really looks nice. Be sure to give us your first impressions for those of us who haven't made a decision yet. It comes down to preference I guess, best seat I ever had was an RDL, but I am open minded and want the feedback from all the brands. Like I said, looks nice, its down to the RDL or this one for me.
    First 100 mile impression: Sit closer to bars, sit more upright, good posture, sit in the bike, not on it, little thinner in the thigh, passenger was very comfortable also. Over all I like it. One thing about the stock seat was when I came to a stop, I felt like I was sliding on the seat forward, which made for uncomfortable stopping. This seat seems more grippy for a lack of a better term. Could be a softer type of vinyl.

I did notice that my jacket kept bunching up in the lower part of seat, making it alittle uncomfortable.

This is an awesome thread, great info., pictures, got it all, thanks everyone.

I bought the corbin smuggler seat/trunk, its still sitting on the floor in my dining room, now I'm beginning to think it may not make it on the bike, I'm really liking the looks and function of the Ultimate seat as being reported.

good reviews, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDaFinn View Post
    This is an awesome thread, great info., pictures, got it all, thanks everyone.

Yep, what he said.

Excellent looking seat and detailed info. Had Ultimate seats on 2 bikes in the past and have never been disappointed.
    Been looking @ rider backrest (Smart mount) for OE seat. But I'm just gonna wait and just get an Ultimate.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

seat looks good but not a fan of loosing a couple of inches will be good for the shorter guys right now im happy with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    seat looks good but not a fan of loosing a couple of inches will be good for the shorter guys right now im happy with what I have.
    Ultimate has a King seat that is supposed to make tall riders more comfortable. It will be available some time in Jan 14. I'am 6'4" and this stock riding position is terrible in my opinion.
    I wish I would of keep my Victory Hardball with the Ultimate Seat...Best leg room ever.

ultimate seat

good to hear that the ultimate seat allows you to touch the ground better - i was not flat footed on it and made me nervous about buying the F6B . . . i need about an good inch to get me flat footed with the ultimate and u say it also brings you forward a bit which will work good for me. i have an ultimate seat on my vstar and have the same problem every now and then with my jacket bunching up behind me. . . glad to hear about the seat giving what i needed.