Christmas came early!
I installed my new ultimate Seat. Here are my first impressions.
SWEET!
After install (took 25 minutes start to finish), I had no issues with saddlebag latches or removing side covers with seat in place.
This seat will put you approximately 1/2 inch closer to the handle bars. I measured the stock seat from the gas tank cover to the seam that begins the driver's backstop (if you can call it that). There is more of a slope on the stock seat. The new ultimate is more vertical and feels more supportive. This seat also feels narrower in the front so if seat height is a problem when stopped, this may allow you to touch flat footed.
So the dimensions from the gas tank cover to the beginning of the rise to the passenger section on the stock unit is approximately 19.5 inches and the Ultimate is 19.0 inches.
The top of the rise to the passenger area is much different. The stock unit is 23" to the gas tank and the ultimate is 20". So you can see the slope is much more vertical with the ultimate. The height of both seats from driver to passenger is the same at approximately 6.5"
Here's the approximate dimensional view
Attachment 3449
Here's the final Product
Attachment 3450
And if you have never removed your seat, these are the pieces.
Attachment 3451
The snow here is melting rapidly and I hope to ride on Christmas day. Just sitting on this seat is telling me it was worth the wait. Now I'll put Sweetie on it and get the final Vote. She already sat on it off the bike and liked it so this should be just a formality.