Installed New Ultimate Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installed New Ultimate Seat

The Ultimate seat web-site states that their replacement seat is the same height as the stock seat....Is this correct??..I know the Mustang seat claims you sit 1" lower which works for me as I have a short inseam at barely 29"..I had a 3/4" heal and 1/2" soles put on my riding boots and it really helps a lot at stops, etc....Not sure it is worth it to me, at this point, to spend the bucks for a custom seat....Maybe next year as I blew my budget on a Microsoft tablet for my wife for Christmas.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    The Ultimate seat web-site states that their replacement seat is the same height as the stock seat....Is this correct??..I know the Mustang seat claims you sit 1" lower which works for me as I have a short inseam at barely 29"..I had a 3/4" heal and 1/2" soles put on my riding boots and it really helps a lot at stops, etc....Not sure it is worth it to me, at this point, to spend the bucks for a custom seat....Maybe next year as I blew my budget on a Microsoft tablet for my wife for Christmas.....
    Well I could be wrong because the seat height is not an issue for me, but the Ultimate "feels" narrower near the front than the stock unit. That's what makes it feel to me, like it may be easier to touch flat footed. And since you will sit "in" this seat not on it, when you come to a stop you will want to be up near the tank, where it's narrow.

I did move my RIVCO pegs forward a notch after my first ride. I wanted to stretch my legs forward a little bit more and with this seat being more forward, one notch should do the trick.

Any pillion feedback on the seat?

Oh also, will the side covers come off without removing the seat? Looks to not be the case with the Mustang seat.

The Ultimate Looks a lot like the shape of a stock Goldwing seat, which I like a lot. I have a Mustang ordered but if it don't work out I know where I'll be looking next. Please keep us informed as you put more miles on it.
    Jakec

Don't mean to hijack, that seat looks great but I'm really interested in how you did the speakers for the rear? Is there another thread on that or can you send me some information I really like that and would love to do that on mine. I'm a huge audiophile so these would rock (if they help)

The side covers do come off without removing the seat.

The speakers are mounted to 3/8" thick steel flat stock using the front luggage bolts for mounting points. I believe I had another thread on the rear speakers and which ones DIDN'T work well. The current units non-amplified and seem to work well. Like surround sound. They won't overpower the front set but will help the passenger a bit. Although my passenger tends to snuggle up to me and not sit all the way back where her body might block the sound. They don't interfere with the luggage rack or the passenger backrest when it's used.

Since the Ultimate seat doesn't use the 2 small mounting bolts at the back of the stock seat. I'm thinking of creating a bracket for that area. But for now this works fine. And For $82, I'll throw them away if they ever blow. Blasting for 5 Months so far and it's all good. It's funny to watch people stop working in their yards and look up when I go by listening to the tunes.

I questioned Ultimate about the rear bolts on our seat too. They said the seat pan is a lot stronger then the original seat, so they didn't build a bracket. I'm having no movement back there with a passenger on. So it is 2 extra holes to fill with maybe a speaker bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    The side covers do come off without removing the seat.

The speakers are mounted to 3/8" thick steel flat stock using the front luggage bolts for mounting points. I believe I had another thread on the rear speakers and which ones DIDN'T work well. The current units non-amplified and seem to work well. Like surround sound. They won't overpower the front set but will help the passenger a bit. Although my passenger tends to snuggle up to me and not sit all the way back where her body might block the sound. They don't interfere with the luggage rack or the passenger backrest when it's used.

Since the Ultimate seat doesn't use the 2 small mounting bolts at the back of the stock seat. I'm thinking of creating a bracket for that area. But for now this works fine. And For $82, I'll throw them away if they ever blow. Blasting for 5 Months so far and it's all good. It's funny to watch people stop working in their yards and look up when I go by listening to the tunes.

Awesome thank you, if you could PM me the details on what speakers you used and how you wired them in that would be great! Seat looks great by the way!