Air deflectors

Thread: Air deflectors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Did you ever fix your front end?

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerPJ View Post
    So, I did lift bike and felt the sound was coming from a brake, uncertain witch on. I did a great cleaning with brake cleaner, then a good soap and water bath. Took for a ride today, dead quiet for first 30 miles. End of trip I once again hear a slight rotation. I am going to check tomorrow from a cold start, but I guess it's a possibility that one of the calibers hangs just a tad?? I cleaned the RF prior to brakework but the other side has only had an exterior wash, and brake fluid exchange, so who knows if last brake job was done to a high standard. It does not seem anything threatening by any means, heck most people wouldn't hear it, lol. I'll keep an eye on it.

ps: after sound was slightly present, turns, leaning, heck dragging the brakes did not change it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Did you ever fix your front end?
    It got a bunch better after a great cleaning. This fall I plan to replace front tire, and will do a better inspection. I still feel the bearings get warm, grease thins, maybe the slight noise I hear? I only wear a 1/2 helmet, so I hear everything, and I am a perfectionist so.....

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    You might try and mount the mirror wings down there. With a little extra fabrication.
    Or you could cut down the full length wings till you like em.
    Ha, I actually plan to fabricate a test with gaffers tape and thin cardboard. I have concluded that my Ultimate King seat sits wider, therefore my legs do not sit as tucked to the bike as others may encounter, so might feel the heat a bit more as a result.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat