Have you ever....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever....

Have you ever....

Unlocked your glove box, taken the item out, closed the cover but didn't lock it so when you put the item back you won't have to use the key, get distracted and the next day hop on the bike, mid ride feel something hit against you but ignore it then a little further look down and realize it was the cover...you didn't lock yesterday. If you never did I can tell you EXACTLY what that feels like. I guess the lid wound up as road kill like my side cover. On the upside the tire performed flawlessly. Back to eBay for a glove box cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Mike! Ya gotta quit losing pieces of your new bike!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Mike! Ya gotta quit losing pieces of your new bike!
    It's the beginning of the Sicilian Alzheimer's, we only remember the grudges.

I love my short key glued inside a Honda GW Radio knob. Use it and forget it UNTIL I really need it locked then I pull out the "key/knob."
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Been there done that. Although I caught mine. The real question I had at that moment was, now what at 70 mph. In my clutch hand. It’s amazing how difficult it is to get those 2 prongs into the correct place.

I've had this happen at least 5 or 6 times, usually don't push it down all the way after grabbing my glasses out of it, although I've never lost it, it always ends up in my lap and I'm able to put it back on on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Been there done that. Although I caught mine. The real question I had at that moment was, now what at 70 mph. In my clutch hand. It’s amazing how difficult it is to get those 2 prongs into the correct place.
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Going the same route tomorrow maybe, just maybe, it flew off to the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    I've had this happen at least 5 or 6 times, usually don't push it down all the way after grabbing my glasses out of it, although I've never lost it, it always ends up in my lap and I'm able to put it back on on the fly.
    HAd I looked down when I felt that tap I probably could have grabbed it but I was too concentrated on the road with the new rear tire and all I didn't want to take my eyes off for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I love my short key glued inside a Honda GW Radio knob. Use it and forget it UNTIL I really need it locked then I pull out the "key/knob."
    I have one but I don't use it as I live in NYC and I don't want to give the thieves any chance of accessing anything on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Unlocked your glove box, taken the item out, closed the cover but didn't lock it so when you put the item back you won't have to use the key, get distracted and the next day hop on the bike, mid ride feel something hit against you but ignore it then a little further look down and realize it was the cover...you didn't lock yesterday. If you never did I can tell you EXACTLY what that feels like. I guess the lid wound up as road kill like my side cover. On the upside the tire performed flawlessly. Back to eBay for a glove box cover.
    You don’t leave the radio knob key in it all the time? I never took it out so I never had to look for the key to lock it constantly. I never once had anyone steal anything. I don’t recall ever leaving it unlocked either ��
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.