First 100 miles - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First 100 miles

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    No Mike I have not ridden one, nor do I know somebody in person who has, so I have only this contra from an old board posting.

I feel confident with the amount of speed I have applied while in twisties, in several states, and in different road conditions to say that I never have encountered a loss of traction.

I would certainly not want to ride a tire that manifests those issues, so now 12-13K miles into this tire use, all I can state is the tire is not losing road traction for me.

And maybe I'm not that type of aggressive rider who applies that much torque in turns causing the rear to spin out, and have been riding wrong for the past 52 years
    Max, when its time to replace the rear would you go with the same tire or would venture to another.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Mike I'm kind of old school at times, I do try to keep an open mind and entertain new technology, and apply change when needed, however on tires (DD) there is in my opinion very little substantive evidence of facts written.

Me going on the little evidence presented and being new to DD, I adopted the Perelli and took the gamble.

It did pay off for my use and is not indicative for other folks by any means.

However, I would strongly recommend this to my kids and friends, should they go that route for tires, and I myself will return to this tire.

Mike I'm kind of old school at times, I do try to keep an open mind and entertain new technology, and apply change when needed, however on tires (DD) there is in my opinion very little substantive evidence of facts written.

Me going on the little evidence presented and being new to DD, I adopted the Perelli and took the gamble.

It did pay off for my use and is not indicative for other folks by any means.

However, I would strongly recommend this to my kids and friends, should they go that route for tires, and I myself will return to this tire.
    Old school is good school, it has gotten us this far. Thanks for the feedback, it is an interesting concept for me and whether it is just in my head I just feel more "grounded" because of car tire. Whether that translates to better riding, who knows but taken a curve at higher speeds, with no apprehension seems, to me anyway, an improvement over my previous motorcycle tire. Once I put the Battleax on the front I can get an even better sense of the whole experience.

Exactly what I did, and the same experience I (and many other DD riders)got.

Hard to argue with success .

And it ain't just in your head, it is REAL for sure.

Exactly what I did, and the same experience I (and many other DD riders)got.

Hard to argue with success .

And it ain't just in your head, it is REAL for sure.
    +1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    +1
    Larry, your is full, time to dump

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Larry, your is full, time to dump
    done...thanks for the reminder.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/