First 100 miles - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First 100 miles

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    +1 Yep I have found that out on all darkside tires I have run.
    On my steel steeds, especially my VTX1800 the darkside tires get better with more mileage and also finding the psi sweet spot in air pressure is the key.
    Exactly, I had to play with the pressure to find that spot but with plenty of riding you able to dial in to the exact point where its not too bouncy or mushy.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Pirelli Cinturato P-7 A/S treadwear 500 run flat.195/55R16 R-F

Like the softer rubber, Pirelli is known for, it is a bit more sticky, but the trade-off is fewer miles on the wear ( I suspect it lasts me 20K miles).

Go RUNFLAT no good reason not to, and it can be the money, this tire cost me $130, peanuts for the miles, and most of all the SAFETY and stability you get with this tire.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Pirelli Cinturato P-7 A/S treadwear 500 run flat.195/55R16 R-F

Like the softer rubber, Pirelli is known for, it is a bit more sticky, but the trade-off is fewer miles on the wear ( I suspect it lasts me 20K miles).

Go RUNFLAT no good reason not to, and it can be the money, this tire cost me $130, peanuts for the miles, and most of all the SAFETY and stability you get with this tire.
    mmmm maybe I'll try that one after you put a few thousand miles on it and give your dependable feedback.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

So far I have 7K on them now, and on the previous F6B (sold)I had close to 10K and for all of them I run them at 40 PSI, give or take1-2 psi depending on the TPMS and hand gauge/ pump reading.

From the looks of it, and what I read of others is that 20K is the ballpark norm.

But most impressive is the handling in twisties, I feel more confident with the extra rubber footprint in the rear, so yeah after 17K riding with this tire in the rear I say it is a winner for me.

So I just got done reading this post about the P-7, and the cons the author described.

I thought I share this with you all, it might have some credibility in the region you ride, and or be advised if you go to this environment, just FYI.

https://www.gl1800riders.com/threads.../#post-3092983

I have not encountered any of his cons, although I have been in several other states, and in different weather conditions.

Just thought I share, in case you missed it.
    Last edited by maxrider; 09-10-2022 at 10:20 PM.

So I just got done reading this post about the P-7, and the cons the author described.

I thought I share this with you all, it might have some credibility in the region you ride, and or be advised if you go to this environment, just FYI.

https://www.gl1800riders.com/threads.../#post-3092983

I have not encountered any of his cons, although I have been in several other states, and in different weather conditions.

Just thought I share, in case you missed it.
    Very informative max thanks for that. Have you ever had the P-1 on your bike, or ridden a bike with the P-1 on it just to compare.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

No Mike I have not ridden one, nor do I know somebody in person who has, so I have only this contra from an old board posting.

I feel confident with the amount of speed I have applied while in twisties, in several states, and in different road conditions to say that I never have encountered a loss of traction.

I would certainly not want to ride a tire that manifests those issues, so now 12-13K miles into this tire use, all I can state is the tire is not losing road traction for me.

And maybe I'm not that type of aggressive rider who applies that much torque in turns causing the rear to spin out, and have been riding wrong for the past 52 years
    Last edited by maxrider; 09-11-2022 at 07:30 AM.

No Mike I have not ridden one, nor do I know somebody in person who has, so I have only this contra from an old board posting.

I feel confident with the amount of speed I have applied while in twisties, in several states, and in different road conditions to say that I never have encountered a loss of traction.

I would certainly not want to ride a tire that manifests those issues, so now 12-13K miles into this tire use, all I can state is the tire is not losing road traction for me.

And maybe I'm not that type of aggressive rider who applies that much torque in turns causing the rear to spin out, and have been riding wrong for the past 52 years
    Yea Right...I know you Max LOL
    I have never had a darkside tire break traction unless I wanted it to, but then I never twist up the wick.......damn now my nose is getting longer.

Yeah don't be saying that fast, fun, friendly, remember that.

Yeah don't be saying that fast, fun, friendly, remember that.
    Yeap!