Northern Newfoundland and the F6B

Thread: Northern Newfoundland and the F6B

Northern Newfoundland and the F6B

I am planning a trip to the northern tip of Newfoundland next year. Has anyone been out that way?
    What were the roads like?

I saw in the 100,000+ mile thread that someone has been to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska with his and this is inspiring me to take the F6B to L'anse aux Meadow where the Vikings had a settlement in NF.

Thanks in advance
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

That sounds like a great trip! Several years ago some guys I rode with took a trip from Colorado to Nova Scotia. They enjoyed the ride, but mentioned that they wore out their rain suits!

They also talked about some very long days. This was back when the 55 MPH speed limit was in effect throughout the US, and a 500 mile day could take hours longer than it does now. I rode from Vancouver Island to Calgary in 1980, and it took 3 very long days as the speed limits weren't much higher in Canada than the US at that time. What are Canada's speed limits like today?

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    That sounds like a great trip! Several years ago some guys I rode with took a trip from Colorado to Nova Scotia. They enjoyed the ride, but mentioned that they wore out their rain suits!

They also talked about some very long days. This was back when the 55 MPH speed limit was in effect throughout the US, and a 500 mile day could take hours longer than it does now. I rode from Vancouver Island to Calgary in 1980, and it took 3 very long days as the speed limits weren't much higher in Canada than the US at that time. What are Canada's speed limits like today?
    faster highways are 110km/h, regular highways 100, and many 90.

It’s certainly not high speed. People routinely run 10-15 km/h over the limit if conditions are good.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

That's about the same as it was during my rides through Canada in the 1980s. Luckily the 55 MPH limit was repealed later in the 1980s. It was a strange time with those ridiculously low limits. Many people considered a radar detector and CB radio essential travel accessories.

Did you make it to the west coast on Newfoundland? I'm planning on going the first week of August.