Yes, that Hummer is quite a beast. Tesla has certainly built the best charging network given they had about an eight year head start.

My primary use is commuting to work. I was burning about $450/month in fuel and now use an equivalent $30/month in electricity for the same mileage.

I do have a level 2 charger at my home and I simply plug in every evening when I get back to the house and charge it to 80% of capacity. That keeps me off of the Superchargers unless I am traveling.

I have taken one extended trip to Panama City from Chattanooga which took about 9 hours. It was my first extended trip and I initially suffered from range anxiety. The strategy, as mapped out by the software, is to arrive at the next charger with around 10-15% charge left, then charge just enough to get you to the next charger. They charge the fastest up to around 70-80% and then trickle off so that last 20% can take as long or longer than the first 80%. When traveling, it is just not worth the wait to top off. You charge fast and move on to the next stop. That range anxiety caused me to stay a little longer at a couple of the stops and grab a little more just in case. In all it was about 4 stops with the longest being 50 minutes (lunch break) and the remainder being around 20-30 each. While there I was able to charge at a Supercharger 5 miles up the road and saved about $400 in fuel that week.

In all it added a couple of hours to the travel time which were used for breakfast/lunch breaks. I have not considered a longer multi day trip yet but there are people doing it every day so who knows. I may do it one day.