Kisen Pathblazer install hack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kisen Pathblazer install hack

Kisen Pathblazer install hack

Installing the new version, Plug and Play, you'll need to notch the rubber boot to get it to fit over the modules so the plug can seat fully on the bulb base. Flimsy cross connection wire, looks like 24g, for the price could have been beefier.

https://youtu.be/NfucVAeHBrI
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Another thing, the green x-conn wire, between the Master and the Slave, I mounted to the low beam wires on each side to keep it as far forward,, away from the steering assembly, as possible.

Mike, looks like they changed the construction of it. But you should of not had to notch the boot. I'm running the Kisan dual modulators with the synch wire (my wire is white though, not green). After locking the bulbs down with the spring clip you simply put the boot back on and push the hole over the end of the bulb, and then plug the modulator on. Then you plug in the synch wire and connect the OEM headlight harness. The only difference I see between yours and mine is that you have a pigtail for the oem headlight bulb harness to plug into, my oem headlight bulb harness plugs directly on the back of the Kisan modulators.

This is a pic of my left low beam kisan modulator connected:

Yours?

That synch wire is a pain to keep routed away from the upper forks, but as you did, I routed it forward as much as possible in the front of the fairing, there's areas where it can be zip tied. Hardest part is seeing and getting your hands up in there...

Headlight modulators should be standard safety equipment on all motorcycles. You will see (if not already) a HUGE difference with traffic actually noticing you now.
    Last edited by willtill; 08-23-2022 at 05:44 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Mike, looks like they changed the construction of it. But you should of not had to notch the boot. I'm running the Kisan dual modulators with the synch wire (my wire is white though, not green). After locking the bulbs down with the spring clip you simply put the boot back on and push the hole over the end of the bulb, and then plug the modulator on. Then you plug in the synch wire and connect the OEM headlight harness. The only difference I see between yours and mine is that you have a pigtail for the oem headlight bulb harness to plug into, my oem headlight bulb harness plugs directly on the back of the Kisan modulators.

This is a pic of my left low beam kisan modulator connected:

Yours?

That synch wire is a pain to keep routed away from the upper forks, but as you did, I routed it forward as much as possible in the front of the fairing, there's areas where it can be zip tied. Hardest part is seeing and getting your hands up in there...

Headlight modulators should be standard safety equipment on all motorcycles. You will see (if not already) a HUGE difference with traffic actually noticing you now.
    I had the previous generation Pathblazer but this is a newer item and configuration. The module is a wider diameter than before and the neck of the boot wasn't giving way, I didn't want to force it, especially, with that hair thin x-conn wire. Plus, the female receptacles of the bulb module are a bitch to seat, very tight where I needed to pinch the tabs on the bulb to work it in. BTW, their customer service sucks, I contacted them 3 days ago and not a response. Anyway, all working fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As you can see the module that makes the difference is the back one that plugs into the bike supply, unlike the previous generation, that is slim enough to slip the boot over, this unit is as wide as the front module. The picture doesn't really do it justice as it is wide.

I don't know if this feature is on the previous generation but you can adjust the sensitivity of the unit by turning on the hi-beam switch and quickly do an on/off 3x with the ignition. Does your unit have that feature?

It would be advisable to print out the Federal Law, which trumps any state law, that allows "modulating" lights, as opposed to "flashing" lights, as there is a legal difference. You will eventually be stopped. Even though you present it to the cop he may still write you but you'll beat it in court.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I don't know if this feature is on the previous generation but you can adjust the sensitivity of the unit by turning on the hi-beam switch and quickly do an on/off 3x with the ignition. Does your unit have that feature?
    Mike, yes I have that feature. However I installed the modulating units on the low beam, so I don’t think manipulating the high beam switch will change the sensitivity. Could be wrong on that though I haven’t had the need to adjust the sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    It would be advisable to print out the Federal Law, which trumps any state law, that allows "modulating" lights, as opposed to "flashing" lights, as there is a legal difference. You will eventually be stopped. Even though you present it to the cop he may still write you but you'll beat it in court.
    Yep, I carry the Kisan manual with me, it has mention of that Federal Law which allows modulation of motorcycle headlights. I have had one incident where a Howard country cop wrote me a ticket, despite my best efforts to educate him. Called their Popo Internal Affairs later that day and the next morning, a detective was calling me up, apologizing and voiding the ticket, and erasing it from the state database as well.

A Maryland State Trooper pulled me over once too, but he made a quick call to his dispatcher and confirmed they were allowed.

So I’ve only been pulled over twice in the decades I have been running them. More often than not, traffic gets out of my way or someone will infrequently pull over, thinking I’m the Popo. Wearing a white helmet with black visor probably accentuates the look.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Mike, yes I have that feature. However I installed the modulating units on the low beam, so I don’t think manipulating the high beam switch will change the sensitivity. Could be wrong on that though I haven’t had the need to adjust the sensitivity.

Yep, I carry the Kisan manual with me, it has mention of that Federal Law which allows modulation of motorcycle headlights. I have had one incident where a Howard country cop wrote me a ticket, despite my best efforts to educate him. Called their Popo Internal Affairs later that day and the next morning, a detective was calling me up, apologizing and voiding the ticket, and erasing it from the state database as well.

A Maryland State Trooper pulled me over once too, but he made a quick call to his dispatcher and confirmed they were allowed.

So I’ve only been pulled over twice in the decades I have been running them. More often than not, traffic gets out of my way or someone will infrequently pull over, thinking I’m the Popo. Wearing a white helmet with black visor probably accentuates the look.
    I knew you were aware of the law I was just making a general statement to thread in case someone threw an eyeball on the thread and was thinking about getting them. In the 5 years I had them on the bike I was stopped once, showed the trooper the law he didn't want to hear it, had a female rookie in the car he was training/trying to nail, so instead of hashing it out right there I just shut the high beams off.

Used it today for the first time, it was like Moses parting the Red Sea, especially for the major A-holes in the left lane going under the speed limit.