Mustang Seat Reviews - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mustang Seat Reviews

Screen Shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I purchased my Mustang seat through an aftermarket source . It arrived and did not fit properly. Contacted Mustang and they emailed me a return label immediately. Sent the seat back to them with instructions that I needed it back for a planned trip from North Texas to Anthem, Az.

When the new seat was available, they sent it to me UPS 2nd day air to satisfy my schedule. I was on the phone with them a second time during installation. To get the front seat tab to fit under the tab on the bike, I had to bend the front seat tab down a bit and the tab on the bike required bending up. It was not the simple installation I had hoped for but it was accomplished with a bit of work.
    Attachment 3472
    I loaded the bike for my planned trip.
    Attachment 3473
    I departed my home at 4:15 am planning on riding 750-800 miles and spend the night. However, the seat and the ride was so enjoyable that I rode straight through even with a stretch of strong side winds and rain across Arizona.
    Attachment 3474
    I spent Thanksgiving week with the kids and grandkids and rode straight through from Anthem to my home.
    Attachment 3475
    I love the mustang seat. The customer service I received, even after not buying direct from them was outstanding. I had thought I would require handlebar risers but it is extremely comfortable with the stock handlebar location for me (6' with taller torso and shorter legs). I use Kury mini arms highway pegs and they worked exceptionally well with the Mustang seat.
    Attachment 3476
    The seat itself is harder than any of the previous 10 Mustang seats I have owned. The firm seat and generous lumbar support provided by the 8" back support rise makes for a very comfortable combination, even on long rides. My stops on both of the long rides were anywhere between 125-185 miles and I never got any symptoms of sore back or shoulders. I had experienced both of those issues with the stock seat. The lower seat position also improved the function of my OEM Honda tall windshield. Wind was diverted about 2" above my Bell half helmet.

Overall, the Mustang seat is a quality seat from a company who provides exceptional customer service. It is extremely comfortable and the seating position is much improved over stock. Drawbacks are difficulty of installation and the inability to remove the side panels without removing the seat. In my opinion, the improvement in comfort and quality outweighs the drawbacks by a large margin. (Thanks Kevin for being there with support through pm).
    TTC, What is that unit that has the Blue screen shots of MPH, Distance etc?
    Is that mounted on a Ram Mount on the left handlebar or in the center?

It is an old Garmin Nuvi 255W GPS I have had for years. It is RAM mounted on the left handlebar. I power it through the 12v outlet in the glovebox. I have tree RAM mounts on my bars to mount GPS, drink holder, and cellphone holder. Great setup for touring.
    Attachment 3479
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have not had a lot of time to be on the road on the bike with the new seat after Mustang returned it from the issue, but got some time on it this week and love it. 6'3" and the position and back support is incredible. comfort is a 10, makes the stocker about a 6. I would highly recommend this one!
    Kenny
    www.g-spotservices.com
    www.g-spotservices.com
    Boat Customizing