PARTZILLA are deceitful, lying maggots - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PARTZILLA are deceitful, lying maggots

When I order something online, as soon as I get the tracking number from the vendor I go to the USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL website and sign up for email alerts. After than I get a message every time the item gets scanned along the way, including when the item gets delivered to my mail box or porch. Those alerts always include the date, time, location, as well as info like 'in-transit' or 'delivered'. Occasionally there's a missing update, but I've never received a bogus update that claimed the item was delivered when it actually wasn't. I can see how a shady vendor can generate a 'label created' event for an item that doesn't exist, but how can they fool the carrier's system into logging a phony 'picked up' or 'delivered' scan?

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    When I order something online, as soon as I get the tracking number from the vendor I go to the USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL website and sign up for email alerts. After than I get a message every time the item gets scanned along the way, including when the item gets delivered to my mail box or porch. Those alerts always include the date, time, location, as well as info like 'in-transit' or 'delivered'. Occasionally there's a missing update, but I've never received a bogus update that claimed the item was delivered when it actually wasn't. I can see how a shady vendor can generate a 'label created' event for an item that doesn't exist, but how can they fool the carrier's system into logging a phony 'picked up' or 'delivered' scan?
    That is my bewilderment for what happened to me recently.

Like I said, I ordered an item from Ebay (a replacement Kate Spade container that I broke - my wife's) and the seller generated a shipping label dated a day earlier than when I placed the order. I found out about this when I finally received the USPS tracking number a week later, and I looked at the tracking history of it.

No idea how the scammer did this. How do you create a shipping label for an item a day before it is even ordered? This all had to be done nefariously and the only way I caught on to it (and Paypal) was the label creation -vs- order date.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think creating a shipping label is pretty easy. You can do it yourself on the carrier's website by entering the pickup and delivery addresses, weight, and paying the shipping charges. They create a label for you to print with a tracking number, and it probably shows up as 'label created' if someone enters that number. I assume you can get a refund if the item isn't actually tendered to the carrier. But if it isn't picked up, I can't imagine how a scammer can fool any carrier into indicating that it was. I'd sure be interested in theories anyone might have.

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    I wanted a cup holder to put there,,,, but then where would I put my spare keys?
    I have a RAM cup holder that came with the bike if you want it, no charge, I'll even ship it for free.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I try and not get upset about things like this anymore, kinda roll with the punches. Now when I was younger, I really let the offender know my feelings.

[QUOTE=Lcsix;189632]I try and not get upset about things like this anymore, kinda roll with the punches. Now when I was younger, I really let the offender know my

Nailing them was easy, the great thing about the internet is once it is written, and you have a copy, you win, like court, whoever has the better paperwork wins. Never get upset just focus.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius