something to consider, when buying toys :)

Thread: something to consider, when buying toys :)

something to consider, when buying toys :)

New toy/tool on the market, purchased one yesterday in the name of safety.

Apple Watch 8 SE gen 2, does some nifty stuff, but for me, it was the "crash detection" that sold it.

Been looking around for a hands-free notification device that would call 911 for me if needed, and I hope I never do.

Can be purchased in either GPS version or GPS/Cellular version, I took the latter.

If I ever get that much separated from my phone in that my bluetooth range is diminished, I still could get a signal out on the cell aspect of the watch.

You Veterans get that Apple Military discount, it is on their Apple site, and saves you 10%, and save the $35 activation fee the cell phone stores will charge you, which is a BS charge.

The apple store does that for FREE, and it takes 5 seconds.

Looking forward to the next toy, the Apple 14 with Satellite emergency connection build in, for those of the grid locations I might wander into.

I like all these toys. It concerns me with how much data these mega giants collect about us on the big level. Crash detection is great. Rest assured you will also get targeted ads on places you visit, or isles you stand in. One day there will be a push to chip new-borns.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Big Brother has been watching me for a long time, not so much worried about that, but I get your point on the targeted BS people send I don't want, and all the BS privacy "rules" the companies make you believe they have in place to protect you from that.

End of the day, it is what it is.

Sounds good Max. Yep with some of those elevations and drop offs you have out that way, you'd disappear when you leave the road and never be found. For us flat landers that won't do us in so much as it's those that don't see us coming and turn in front of us.

Yup, you are so right, I just thought I post it here on the board since I have been entertaining the options available (SpotX,GPS tracker,Spytech) all with way more cost and handicaps.

Besides the Apple 14 MaxPro in November with satellite communications for an emergency, rumor has the Apple 15 will be complete voice communication by satellite, now that would be sweet, just got move yourself from under the leaves and dirt to a clear line of sight with the sky after an accident .

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Sounds good Max. Yep with some of those elevations and drop offs you have out that way, you'd disappear when you leave the road and never be found. For us flat landers that won't do us in so much as it's those that don't see us coming and turn in front of us.
    Headlight Modulators

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Good point by willtill "Headlight Modulators" been using those ever since on F6B(4 bikes ago)I use them on my "brights" it is amazing how people act(stupid) at times, and you get a few pissed-off ones as well, by seeing modulating headlights but the point is YES they see you coming, although annoyed not knowing if it is the popo, they end up paying attention to what is behind them, and the incoming ones cannot figure out what exactly is coming towards them.

I certainly contribute this as a MUST-have item on any motorcycle.

I share some comments with ya, for laughs.
    At the gas station this attractive mid twenty's girl comes up to me, Sir I just want to let you know that your lights are defective, your bulbs are going to die real soon, they are getting tired or so, they go off and on.

This gang-banger in a low rider I was behind, had to stop at the railroad crossing, waiting for the train .
    Get's out of the car, swaggers up to me, yo man are you popo?
    Me, no why?
    Man, you've been on my ass, don't know what to make out of those lights man, turn them off, they make me nervous, I keep looking into the mirror .

The smart ass D.S citizen, that shit is illegal, turn it off, while hanging his head out of the window to yell at me, gets my M F salute.

Riding with my buds who all have this set-up, generally part the way for us in LA traffic, although we split in addition, it makes us be noticed WAY sooner with the KISAN doing its job.
    Last edited by maxrider; 09-20-2022 at 06:33 AM.