What changes were made in 2018 ?

Thread: What changes were made in 2018 ?

What changes were made in 2018 ?

I have a 2015 F6B and can't imagine what changes could have been made to make this a better bike, but the message board breaks it down to 2018+ areas. What is that ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Honda didn’t carry over anything except the name in 2018. Your 2015 for the most part is the original design platform that was first released in 2001. Minor plastic changes, stereo up grades, transmission parts changes between 2001 and 2017. The fact that your 2015 engine has sleeved piston cylinders and the 2018+ has a coated over aluminum block cylinders, the only similarity is that they both have 6 cylinders.

2013 was the first F6B

I think it’s a better bike then our F6B’s but I’m kept mine.
    I’m still loving it.

Ah, FIANLLY, a post to bash the 2018+ GL!

I find the new style more cramped than the F6B. I don't like the sharp lines and prefer the rounded sweeping lines of the F6B. I don't want a bunch of buttons and displays in front of me and I LOVE the just enough/basic dash and display on the F6B. I don't like the 18+ fancy headlight modules and LOVE the normal four headlights on the F6B.

So happy I was able to get a 2016 F6B.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by seasteve View Post
    ah, fianlly, a post to bash the 2018+ gl!

I find the new style more cramped than the f6b. I don't like the sharp lines and prefer the rounded sweeping lines of the f6b. I don't want a bunch of buttons and displays in front of me and i love the just enough/basic dash and display on the f6b. I don't like the 18+ fancy headlight modules and love the normal four headlights on the f6b.

So happy i was able to get a 2016 f6b.
    ditto

The small saddlebag interiors turned me off. Still, the new F6B is marvelous regarding the tech and steering geometry.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The small saddlebag interiors turned me off. Still, the new F6B is marvelous regarding the tech and steering geometry.
    Ditto for the saddlebags and the tech. I also despise the fact they made the fuel tank smaller. I like the overall looks but cutting my range doesn't work for me. Definitely better tech then my 15 but not enough to want to lose 40/50 miles each tank. If I'm going to lose range, I'll go for the Rocket3 GT