Urgent Suggestions Needed

Thread: Urgent Suggestions Needed

Urgent Suggestions Needed

Hi Everyone,
    Hope you all doing well.
    I've bought a f6b a month ago, still transforming it as my needs. choose it over the GW due to its lighter weight and a friend told me that it can be made to have the same great wind management and comfort.

Now I'm planning to go on a 7000+ miles long tour on it but has only a pair of saddle bags which is not enough.
    So I am think if there are any luggage options available for the f6b? Can I install the GW rear trunk on it or anything similar?
    plus I would like to know your opinion about the Madstad windsheild? https://madstad.com/collections/hond...nt=36883506830 can it go up and down like the wing?
    Can i install any foot warmers?
    Can i get any OEM back seat just like the GW?
    I have had one on https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-pr...harley-touring my previous harley, but not sure if this can be installed on F6b. Also, I can put a roll bar over it which can be really handy on the roads.
    Please share the OEM or any f6b specific seats available, if any.

Please do share some suggestion on how can I increase some luggage capacity and if the wind is really that bad on the Fb6?

Thanks in advance for the help.

The F 6 only was made with 1 seat. there are many aftermarket seats that work. Ultimate makes 2 styles, Mustang, Corbin, and some other custom seat makers. Many of us F6 riders have the Madstad windshield. they adjust up and down, but manually. I have not seen an F6 with footwarmers. Perhaps electric socks? And there are a few different styles of luggage racks, and some riders have mounted a Tour Pack, or similar luggage on the luggage rack. Are you riding 2 up, or solo? Just wondering, as my 2 saddle bags and a soft luggage rack bag have allways given me plenty of storage space, as I ride solo. Hope this info helps

Message sent

I have the Madstad and luv it. Once you adjust it for you it's amazing how much wind it defects. There are also wind deflectors for the sides and plugs for around your forks. I use a waterproof bag (can't remember the brand at the moment) for extra storage and ease of removal at night. I've never seen footwarmers but there are defectors out there for your legs and heated socks. Generally good boots are all I need. Numerous aftermarket seats are available but as your in CA I'd look at a custom from Russel in Shasta. There's another custom seat guy in SoCal, I cannot remember his name however, but Big Larry can probably recommend a few.

The wind wasn't bad with the OEM shield, but the Stad lets you fine tune it for you. I would go with a soft bag on the luggage rack and a backpack if you're running solo. Two-up a good soft bag should be all you need. Put your emergency kit, spare gear and odds/ends in the left bag and stuff you need thru out the day, electronics, snacks and such in the right bag. Clothing and stuff in the soft bag. If you're riding two up, make sure your passenger understands the kitchen sink ain't gonna fit and be firm about it.

Edit - I had to go look at it. The bag I use is by Givo - https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...sku_id=1208491
    Last edited by 3Chief; 10-28-2022 at 03:57 PM.

I see a trailer in your future. Remember what you add for extra carrying space, you will fill with ……….
    Last edited by Sorcerer; 10-28-2022 at 08:06 AM.

For a extra storage I'd recommend the Nelson Rigg Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag. It straps down to the rear seat or a luggage rack. It's better than a trunk because at the end of the day you just un-buckle it and carry the whole thing inside. 3Chief's packing recommendations are near perfect. Riding stuff in the saddlebags and nightime stuff in the luggage.

Windshields are like Oil and Tires, everyone's got opinions. I like my Baggershield 11" to 19."

When my legs are tucked behind the shelter I get little wind and cold hitting me. You can get a little breeze from below that can go up your pant legs so straps or covering like chaps or rain pants will help.

When my hands get cold I simply slide them all the way to the inside edges of the grips. The mirrors are block a lot of wind then. I also reach down at shine level into the hot air streaming off the radiators on each side of the cowl.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Congratulations! I bet you love the bike and that trip sounds like quite a journey. Where are you headed?

MadStad on an F6b is the best pocket of clean air I've ridden in on a bike. And after having finally bought a heated Russell Day Long seat, I'll never own another touring bike without one, if I can help it. It's like others have said, everyone's opinion is different, but those two additions were night and day differences for me. For your feet, you might check out heated insoles. I think the set I have is from Hotwired and they plug into the heated pants. I've hardly used them, but on the one long below freezing trip I went on, they were a real help. Happy trails!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    For a extra storage I'd recommend the Nelson Rigg Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag. It straps down to the rear seat or a luggage rack. It's better than a trunk because at the end of the day you just un-buckle it and carry the whole thing inside. 3Chief's packing recommendations are near perfect. Riding stuff in the saddlebags and nightime stuff in the luggage.

Windshields are like Oil and Tires, everyone's got opinions. I like my Baggershield 11" to 19."

When my legs are tucked behind the shelter I get little wind and cold hitting me. You can get a little breeze from below that can go up your pant legs so straps or covering like chaps or rain pants will help.

When my hands get cold I simply slide them all the way to the inside edges of the grips. The mirrors are block a lot of wind then. I also reach down at shine level into the hot air streaming off the radiators on each side of the cowl.

I have the NR trunk and love it. It expands to 73 litres which if I recall correctly is bigger than the GW trunk.
    I have the GW vented wind screen. Works great for me.
    The Baker Wings under the mirrors are great too.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

I have the MadStad windshield...love it ! Also have a Russell day Long Seat...worth every penny ... Show Chrome luggage rack.I use 2 Wolfman waterproof dry bags when me and the old lady travel out of state for week long trips.NEVER an issue with enough storage ! Keep it simple....