Urgent Suggestions Needed

Thread: Urgent Suggestions Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have the Madstad and luv it. Once you adjust it for you it's amazing how much wind it defects. There are also wind deflectors for the sides and plugs for around your forks. I use a waterproof bag (can't remember the brand at the moment) for extra storage and ease of removal at night. I've never seen footwarmers but there are defectors out there for your legs and heated socks. Generally good boots are all I need. Numerous aftermarket seats are available but as your in CA I'd look at a custom from Russel in Shasta. There's another custom seat guy in SoCal, I cannot remember his name however, but Big Larry can probably recommend a few.

The wind wasn't bad with the OEM shield, but the Stad lets you fine tune it for you. I would go with a soft bag on the luggage rack and a backpack if you're running solo. Two-up a good soft bag should be all you need. Put your emergency kit, spare gear and odds/ends in the left bag and stuff you need thru out the day, electronics, snacks and such in the right bag. Clothing and stuff in the soft bag. If you're riding two up, make sure your passenger understands the kitchen sink ain't gonna fit and be firm about it.

Edit - I had to go look at it. The bag I use is by Givo - https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...sku_id=1208491
    Last edited by 3Chief; 10-28-2022 at 03:57 PM.