Heated Grips took a crap. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips took a crap.

I've got helibars as well, it's not the bars themselves that are the issue, it's the throttle tube that the grips go around, the grips in that kit don't have a throttle tube, they are meant to just go over the stock non-heated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    I've got helibars as well, it's not the bars themselves that are the issue, it's the throttle tube that the grips go around, the grips in that kit don't have a throttle tube, they are meant to just go over the stock non-heated one.
    Gotcha, thanks for the update and looking forward to the final result.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Gotcha, thanks for the update and looking forward to the final result.
    Just got a call from the shop, the OEM right grip came in and the inferno heated grips fit over the stock non-heated throttle tube, so I'm just waiting for them to finish the install and I can go get my bike back.

Beauty, looking forward to the results

Okay, so they were installed, and I rode up the local mountains this weekend as well as late at night with temps in the high 30s and they worked so well that I had to turn the warmers down because my hands got too hot, and least on the palms and inside of my fingers....doesn't help the outside too much, however at least my hands no longer freeze down to the bone, so that's nice.

So it is an alternative to OEM correct, and a bit cheaper, right?

Did they splice the wires?

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    So it is an alternative to OEM correct, and a bit cheaper, right?

Did they splice the wires?

They are about $100 so much cheaper than OEM (especially since you can't get the full OEM kit) it came in a full kit with the grips and controller included, so no splicing. The only issue I had was I had the OEM headed grips, and their grip didn't fit over the throttle tube, so I purchased a stock non-heated right grip and used that throttle tube. That worked perfectly.

Update: With less than 2 months time on the bike, and around 1,000 miles (not always being used) the Inferno headed grips failed. The right grip no longer even gets warm. DO NOT BUY.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    Update: With less than 2 months time on the bike, and around 1,000 miles (not always being used) the Inferno headed grips failed. The right grip no longer even gets warm. DO NOT BUY.
    Thanks for that, you took the hit but saved a lot of people time, money and aggravation. Buy that man a beer.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 03-07-2023 at 10:12 AM.

Figured out why the right grip failed, wire was pulled out, therefor it lost power. Manufacturer's defect. Wingstuff said they'd send me a new one, but I have to completely take out the old one first, send it back, then they'll send the new one, I can't be without my bike for the week to two weeks it's going to take and I really don't want to have to buy another throttle tube to do this....too much damn work. I figure I'll go with another one, does anyone have a good suggestion for heated grips? Honda no longer makes the OEM one's sadly.