Heated Grips took a crap. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips took a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    Welp, wasn't the new controller unit, was a little triangular piece of metal, looks like I'm going to have to either purchase a new OEM which are out of stock most places, or find a good aftermarket set. Anyone have suggestions on the best and not too expensive after market sets?
    Wingstuff has the Inferno set with the controller for $80, 4 out of 5 stars, https://wingstuff.com/products/34741...e-z-controller.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Yeah, I'll have to go with those, I looked at them before for my old bike.

How bad could they be? If I can't find the left grip any cheaper than $200 I'm going to pull the trigger on them.

From the looks of it, and most likely by design, you should be able to just splice those new ones into your existing wiring, without having to do the external control switch.

Seems like a very affordable solution to OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    From the looks of it, and most likely by design, you should be able to just splice those new ones into your existing wiring, without having to do the external control switch.

Seems like a very affordable solution to OEM.
    I was wondering that same thing, I'm trying to see if the clips are the same.

If not no biggie, make your own connection, it is all hidden under the lid, and you cannot screw it up too bad, 2 wires.

Or contact EC, and see if they have an adaptor plug for it, might be an option.
    Last edited by maxrider; 11-30-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Well, I ordered the inferno set from wingstuff, after I get them installed (probably after Christmas) I'll let you all know how they work

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    Well, I ordered the inferno set from wingstuff, after I get them installed (probably after Christmas) I'll let you all know how they work
    Please do, that would be very helpful

Took my bike in to get the inferno heated grips installed ( https://wingstuff.com/products/34741...e-z-controller ) I didn't notice in the description that they don't fit bikes with factory heated grips...So after cutting the right grip off the throttle tube they noticed that the inferno doesn't fit around it. I guess they used wider throttle tubes for the heated grips. They tried to sand it down, but it was no dice, still has about 2 mm to sand down and we are afraid it'll lose to much structure to work properly. So I suggested getting factory non heated grip with the throttle tube in it and use that...It's taken over a week for that to come in now, so I've been without my bike for almost two weeks. The supplier said that the grip came in, but Honda didn't ship the invoice with it so they won't send it to the shop until that comes in, so weird.

Once it's been installed and I have a free day (no idea when that will be with how busy work is) I'll head up to the mountains and snow to see how well they work and let you all know.

I guess I will have the same problem because the stock heated grips fit perfectly on the Heli-bars. If you need stock handle bars I'll send them to you free. Looks like I'm going to have to go for the OEM heated grip.