crash and repair

Thread: crash and repair

crash and repair

If this isn't allowed then my apologies and please remove it.

As some may be aware, I was in a motorcycle accident on Labor Day which I somehow walked away from. (Didn't actually walk, staggered like one of those Youtube chicken dances is more like it �� ) A very nice lady inadvertently pulled out in from of me from a hidden rural driveway. The driveway was right over the crest of a hill and came right out of the woods.

My helmet was on the backrest and was the one of the few things that wasn't damaged. I was knocked out for probably less than a minute before getting up and out of the road. Except for recurring headaches and a shifting toe that is still black I'm good now.

However, my 2016 F6B was nearly totaled. Although I usually do my own bike work, I didn't trust my objectivity as far determining if she was safe to ride, and I was really too beat up to fix anyway at the time anyway.
    So I took her to Doug at Galaxy Cycle in Clay City Indiana and he agreed to evaluate her, and put her back on the road if possible.

I could not be any happier with the work Doug did or Progressive, my insurance company.

Doug got me back in the wind quickly and safely while we waited on long back ordered cosmetic parts.

When the last of the parts finally came in, I took the bike back to him and within a few days, she was ready to go and looked (and felt) just like she did when I bought her new. In the mean time, I was riding her to work (and play) nearly every day. At 65 years old, being in the wind next year is not guaranteed, which made getting back in the wind quickly very important to me.

Doug's main thing is restoring older bikes and he's not afraid of 6 cylinder CBXs that have been sitting full of gas for 40 years. I personally couldn't be any happier with his work and wanted to make other riders with older (and newer) bikes aware of him.
    https://www.facebook.com/douglambert1963
    Last edited by Frye; 12-04-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Thanks for the tip, I'm about 2 hours away from clay city. Might need his services in the future for my '71 Norton commando. Also happy to hear you're back in the saddle, 65 isn't that old so keep riding if you enjoy it.
    Last edited by Rickc; 12-04-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Glad to hear you are healed up for the most part and enjoying the air in your hair again. Of course if you're like me there isn't as much hair as there once was.

Dont believe that bull you see on tv. I went down at only 15 to 20 mph and rolled head over heels
    landed on my back and sat up right away. Instant pain, the worst Ive ever had.
    You dont get up and walk away from that!!
    Ambulance ride cost $1000.
    Broken ribs, cracked shoulder blade, a few stitches. Big gouge in my helmet.
    That could have been my head...
    That happened 5 years ago. But I remember it clearly.
    Last edited by tenxxx; 12-06-2022 at 09:26 AM.
    ITS ALL GOOD