Still pissed off

Thread: Still pissed off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    A bunch of the guys in my club give me shit for ridding my f6b instead of a Harley...I've got the only bike that's never broke down on a ride, and when I ask any of them if they want to take off with me for an 8 hour day they all say no, their bikes aren't comfortable enough for that....guess they over paid for crap.
    Boggles the mind but a lid for every pot. I give them credit for sticking it out, however, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I think they don't want to hang up the assless chaps and the bandanas more than anything.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

One incident that still always stands out in my mind, is when I went on a ride down near Chesapeake Beach in Maryland. It was summertime; stop and go traffic, and I was embedded in a gaggle of Harleys. I was in the back of the pack, they all pulled off the road and I pulled up along side of them. I asked one of my friends "What's up? Why are we stopping?" He replied, "we have to pull over because we're overheating, we have to let the bikes cool down". I Just sat there staring at him... WTF? I never experienced this before with a motorcycle group ride....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537