Still pissed off

Thread: Still pissed off

Still pissed off

This was sent to me by my buddy who is still pissed off at me for trading my Road Glide in for my 2013 F6B. He figured I'd come back to the HOG team after the accident, which is precisely why I went for the 2016 F6B. I have to say it is kinda funny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taxfree4; 01-10-2023 at 11:34 AM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    This was sent to me by my buddy who is still pissed off at me for trading my Road Glide in for my 2013 F6B. He figured I'd come back to the HOG team after the accident, which is precisely why I went for the 2016 F6B. I have to say it is kinda funny
    That's not F6B. That's the FBI. Tell him nice try.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Every time we went riding, usually by the Hawks Nest in Pa. where he lives, his Harley broke down. That alone is sweet revenge.

A bunch of the guys in my club give me shit for ridding my f6b instead of a Harley...I've got the only bike that's never broke down on a ride, and when I ask any of them if they want to take off with me for an 8 hour day they all say no, their bikes aren't comfortable enough for that....guess they over paid for crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalydamd View Post
    A bunch of the guys in my club give me shit for ridding my f6b instead of a Harley...I've got the only bike that's never broke down on a ride, and when I ask any of them if they want to take off with me for an 8 hour day they all say no, their bikes aren't comfortable enough for that....guess they over paid for crap.
    Boggles the mind but a lid for every pot. I give them credit for sticking it out, however, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I think they don't want to hang up the assless chaps and the bandanas more than anything.

One incident that still always stands out in my mind, is when I went on a ride down near Chesapeake Beach in Maryland. It was summertime; stop and go traffic, and I was embedded in a gaggle of Harleys. I was in the back of the pack, they all pulled off the road and I pulled up along side of them. I asked one of my friends "What's up? Why are we stopping?" He replied, "we have to pull over because we're overheating, we have to let the bikes cool down". I Just sat there staring at him... WTF? I never experienced this before with a motorcycle group ride....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Not surprised at all. They run very lean to start with. Shutting off the rear cylinder doesn't keep the front one cool either.
    My friend has one and he says it doesnt help.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Well....I can certainly understand your buddies' point of view. You really CAN go a lot of places and see a lot of things on a Harley that you would otherwise not have been able to see or do.

Indeed, I've a friend who owns a Road King. He's had it for probably ten years now. He and I have done a number of trips together.

And, in fact....It is only because of his Harley that I have had the opportunity to spend hours on end checking out the inside of the Service Departments of a HUGE number
    of Harley dealers all over the country. Never would have been able to do THAT on my F6B.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

LOL.

I had valve stem break on my VTX1800 and the nearest bike repair was a Harley dealer in Homestead. I called and they said come over and we’ll take care of it. After the bike got there on the flatbed, the service writer looked at it and said Oh, you didn’t tell me it was a Honda. We cant work on those. Harleys and their dealer network are special.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Well....I can certainly understand your buddies' point of view. You really CAN go a lot of places and see a lot of things on a Harley that you would otherwise not have been able to see or do.

Indeed, I've a friend who owns a Road King. He's had it for probably ten years now. He and I have done a number of trips together.

And, in fact....It is only because of his Harley that I have had the opportunity to spend hours on end checking out the inside of the Service Departments of a HUGE number
    of Harley dealers all over the country. Never would have been able to do THAT on my F6B.

....sT

Yes, and some Harley dealers only work on certain years.
    ITS ALL GOOD