Shad 58X luggage rack

Thread: Shad 58X luggage rack

Shad 58X luggage rack

So I've got a Shad 58x ( https://www.shadusa.com/collections/...ducts/d0b58206 ) that I pulled from my old bike, I've been thinking about mounting it to the luggage rack of my F6B. However I'm wondering if I can put a rack on top of that to strap other bags to. Has anyone given this a shot? If so how well did it work out? Did the top box hold up? What rack did you put on it? I found a rack made by Shad https://www.shadusa.com/collections/...roducts/d0ps00 but that's only for the SH50 and below...so I'm not sure if it'll work.

I mounted a reproduction Harley Razor pack using threaded rod, spacers and washers/nuts. No rack. 4 posts holding the pack, takes 10 min to install/remove. Works a charm, looks factory. Prior to that I had a huge Tour Pack mounted they same way, with camping gear on top of that! The posts handled that no problem also.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I mounted a reproduction Harley Razor pack using threaded rod, spacers and washers/nuts. No rack. 4 posts holding the pack, takes 10 min to install/remove. Works a charm, looks factory. Prior to that I had a huge Tour Pack mounted they same way, with camping gear on top of that! The posts handled that no problem also.
    Where did you get the rods and posts?

IMG_0152.jpgIMG_0153.jpgIMG_0154.jpg
    I bought stock at the hardware store and cut to length. Total cost about $10
    For your reference. The rear posts needed to be a bit longer, hence the extra short pieces ( measure twice, cut once)!! The large washers support the case below and support the nut inside the case. Hardest part was determining the location of the four holes, as you want the case to allow for the passenger back rest (or not)...
    Last edited by DarkKnt; 01-28-2023 at 04:15 PM.