Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ? - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Any News on the Dragon and Cherohala being reopened????
    Dragon: Based on chatter on a couple of sites it looks like The Dragon is likely cleaned up at this point. Several riders discussing their runs back and forth.

Cherohala: problem is on the Tennessee side. Advised that you can still enjoy most of the Skyway and ride "out and back" if you start at Robbinsville. There was also a detour mentioned on Rafter Rd but it was advised against due to it being a one lane country road with bad curves, switchbacks, and also in need of repair.
    Last edited by F6Pilot; 08-25-2023 at 06:26 PM.

Cherohala is still closed near the TN 4.5 mile marker. repairs ongoing but doesnt look like it will be open for our get together. From TDOT...."the official TDOT detour around the Cherohala Skyway closure takes drivers an additional 121 miles and nearly three hours to reach River Road from Old Furnace Road or vice versa". You can still enter from the NC side and ride into TN like F6Pilot says, but then you have to turn around or take the detour.

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately Sandy and I will not be coming due to internal leads from stimulator in back somehow got a break in it and now requires another surgery to repair, hopefully next time, room available. Take care and have fun!

Hope the repair goes well Johnny and we see you down the road soon

One of my team members was up on Cherohala this past weekend in his Miata. He took the Rafter Rd. bypass and said it was no issue as they apparently had groomed the road pretty well with about 3 miles of it being packed gravel and the remainder asphalt. Here are a couple of pics of the road. For information purposes only as YMMV.

Attachment 9035Attachment 9036

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-B View Post
    Unfortunately Sandy and I will not be coming due to internal leads from stimulator in back somehow got a break in it and now requires another surgery to repair, hopefully next time, room available. Take care and have fun!
    I'm sorry to hear this, Johnny take care of yourself and your bride.... until we cross paths again.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    One of my team members was up on Cherohala this past weekend in his Miata. He took the Rafter Rd. bypass and said it was no issue as they apparently had groomed the road pretty well with about 3 miles of it being packed gravel and the remainder asphalt. Here are a couple of pics of the road. For information purposes only as YMMV.

Attachment 9035Attachment 9036
    Thanks F6Pilot, I think it's best that we stick to asphalt.

I would hate to have anyone go down in the mountains again. I already dealt with two accidents a few years ago.
    4 wheelers on gravel.... thats a lot of fun

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Wingstuff.com is throwing me a "bait and switch: with the T-valve stems for running exterior TPMS systems. The ones they sent to me today only have one external gasket to the wheel, they're supposed to have an interior one as well. I got of the phone with Jeff, telling him the issue of sending me something that was not originally pictured, and after going back and forth he's sending me a refund.

The current T-stem I've been running is leaking air around the base, have had them installed for over seven years now, and the rubber gaskets are looking to be getting dried out.

I just ordered the correct T-Stem from Fobo in the Philippines, I don't think it's going to get here in time so I can get it installed in my new rear darkside.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Buy a new gasket?