Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ? - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ?

I'm not going to Google all of the terms so welcome back will have to suffice. Glad to hear you will be able to attend.

Just an update....we have had some pretty hard rains over the last week and today the Tellico River flooded closing the Cherohala Skyway on the TN side. Iron Works grill and the Tellico Beach Drive In are closed right now. The water treatment plant was flooded and there is no water supply. No access to Bald River Falls and portions of some roads have been damaged. The bridge at the falls is set to close in mid September for replacement and will be closed for a year.. I will keep checking and let you know of any updates.
    Last edited by ReserveBum; 08-16-2023 at 08:34 AM.

And then there is this...

Attachment 9014
    Last edited by F6Pilot; 08-15-2023 at 08:55 PM.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Those of you that live nearby, if you would....
    Please keep us up to date . Thanks

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Cherohala - Road washed out at TN mile marker 4.5. Let you know when they estimate the work completion

Was up that cherohala parkway yesterday it was washed out mile marker 5 there is a detour around not well marked but talked to a couple that said the GPS was showing it.

I normally hang out on the GL1800riders forum but someone posted about this get together over there. Mind if I join you? It appears rooms are still available. I am going to book two double beds in case someone wants to share a room. I ride a '21 Goldwing Bagger. I'm still getting used to it after many years on Harley Dressers. Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by lowbar View Post
    I normally hang out on the GL1800riders forum but someone posted about this get together over there. Mind if I join you? It appears rooms are still available. I am going to book two double beds in case someone wants to share a room. I ride a '21 Goldwing Bagger. I'm still getting used to it after many years on Harley Dressers. Dennis
    Welcome to the site, all are welcome to join us.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Any News on the Dragon and Cherohala being reopened????

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Any News on the Dragon and Cherohala being reopened????
    ELLICO PLAINS, Tenn. (WATE) – An update on efforts to reopen Cherohala Skyway has been released after heavy flooding in the area washed away a section of the roadway.
    Monroe County Mayor Mitch Ingram shared an update from Monroe County Tourism on Tuesday. The Tennessee Department of Transportation is working on a temporary fix to the road at mile marker 4.5.
    The temporary repairs should be completed in two to three weeks, Monroe County Tourism said. This would allow the roadway to reopen in early September.