Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinglearn View Post
    Unfortunately, em not from Florida....
    Well, we do have a lot of Californians relocating to Florida ..... Last I checked there were U-Hauls in California

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Have to miss this one. Trip planned for Springfield Illinois that weekend for the American flat track races on the mile track. Keep us posted if the weekend changes.

Greetings Tony from Milton. Congrats on your retirement. Sounds like a good plan and far enough out that I could plan on going. I love the area and have been several times. I'll actually be that way in June going to the Valkyrie InZane which is in Roanoke this year. Waynesville has a couple nice local eatery and tavern too. Bogart's Tavern is a nice local spot. I'll keep up with this thread and maybe we can ride up together?
    Last edited by FarsideF6B; 02-16-2023 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Greetings Tony from Milton. Congrats on your retirement. Sounds like a good plan and far enough out that I could plan on going. I love the area and have been several times. I'll actually be that way in June going to the Valkyrie InZane which is in Roanoke this year. Waynesville has a couple nice local eatery and tavern too. Bogart's Tavern is a nice local spot. I'll keep up with this thread and maybe we can ride up together?
    Good Evening,

Thank You, feels so good to not have to deal with employees! Getting up late, piddling around the house, travelling etc..... Life is Good

Let's plan on it, I might be trailering. I'll most likely bring a couple of ice chests for the beverages, bringing some patches and a couple sets of Rivco Highway give away. I might have some oversized T=Shirts to also give away (need to look up on my mezzanine).

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Do you mind if I post this info on another GoldWing site?

I'll be riding my white Goldwing
    Not a problem

Tentative / Interested riders.....

Phantom and Wife
    F6Pilot
    Farside F6B
    Maxrider
    SevenTwenty
    Six2go
    Willtill

When ? ....... AUGUST 31st, 2023 ---- SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2023
    Where? ....... Franklin, North Carolina
    Who ? ......... Anyone with a Motorcycle that can keep up with the F6B's

If you attend ---> ALWAYS ride at your comfort level.
    This is NOT the place to prove your skills or hurt yourself trying to do so, you are responsible for your own actions , this event is just to share some nice riding amongst friends.

Thursday early birds arrive between 4:00pm and 10:00pm
    Thursday night.... meet and greet everyone at the hotel, 7pm have pizza, wings, a couple of cold beers and introduce yourself.

Friday Tail of the DRAGON Ride day......RIGHT IN OUR BACKYARD.
    Friday night, dinner at the Caffe Rel (awesome food)
    Friday night, after dinner.... Socializing and consumption of some beverages back at the hotel

Saturday morning group ride into Maggie Valley, stopping at the Wheels through time Motorcycle museum, Lunch location TBD, continuing the ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway or any other route that the group choses
    Saturday night.... Dinner, giveaways, photos

Sunday... optional group ride, more scenic roads, waterfall route etc
    Sunday afternoon or Monday morning Riders depart

HOTEL Information ..... To be determined once we have a good idea of how many will be attending.

Good to talk to you today. I have to look forward into my calender, but if no comflicts, I'd be up for another get together.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Yeah I don't trailer anything, and I ain't relocating either, my sorry A.. is used to this 150-mile stretch of paradise, however, I would be remiss about this opportunity to miss you guys, so count me in if I'm still breathing and kicking, see ya.
    Tony save me a shirt, I'm 6'4" and done growing, and going to be on the road for a few more days afterward toward NY.
    Add me to the list Tony Aug 31-Sep 3.
    Last edited by maxrider; 02-20-2023 at 05:40 PM.