Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

10th Anniversary of the F6B

10 years ago the F6B was introduced....

How many still own the 2013 F6B ?

How many Miles have you accumulated?

What was your longest trip?

Any major issues?

Any minor issues?

Best modification that you made for your comfort?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

My 2013 went to the scrap yard at 30,000 miles. I now have 86,000 miles on my 2014 that I purchased used with 7,000 in July of 2016. My 13 when cold, below 45*, had a transmission growl when you let out the clutch until it reached operating temperature. I believe the tolerances in the transmission stacked to negative with cold ambient temperatures. The only things on my 14 was a leaking rear differential that was fixed with a new seal under extended warranty, a clutch safety switch and the ignition key cylinder locked up last fall. I was head out for a ride when it failed in my driveway. Some luck is better than none.
    Last edited by Sorcerer; 02-19-2023 at 08:06 PM.

How many still own the 2013 F6B ? I bought mine as a leftover in 2014 at a great discount

How many Miles have you accumulated? I’m not home but it’s about 55,000 miles

What was your longest trip? Maybe Wisconsin to Arkansas.

Any major issues? No

Best modification that you made for your comfort? Bigger Windshield better seat

My new 2013 Black non-DeLuxe had about 20K miles and I got T-boned. and totaled out.
    Never any issues, and minimal mods.

My new 2015 Grey DeLuxe,Madstad,RDL,Heli,TPS, highway pegs,front-rear camera's.
    About 25K, no issues, sold no issues.

My new 2015 Grey Deluxe, had the same options as above, yup missed the bike so I needed another one , and in addition to the above options I added, Torque loopz, and Twin Bro exhaust, did about 35K miles and sold it. Never any issues. Had 4 rear tire flats, one with high speed and rapid deflation kept it upright, and became a believer in going DD with rear RF tires, the best investment ever in Safety and reliability, and riding comfort.

And then came number 4 another 2015 Deluxe Grey, really thought that this would be the last one, so it had all the same options as above, and then a few more, progressive front shocks, all balls neck bearings, and a voltmeter bought this one slightly used 15K and put approx 19K on it, never any issues.

Then came number 5, the 2015 Deluxe in BLUE, bought it for my son, and he decided he was too young to ride one and still wanted to be cramped in riding style, kids.
    So I really liked the color, so I added all the above-listed must-have options to the bike, it also had a Brocks exhaust which is nice and does not resonate/drone and I did not have to add the torque loopz due to the muffler negating the issue.
    This one had 20K when I purchased it, and now has 30K on it and runs just like the other ones, GREAT!

On the last 3 F6B's I changed out the CPS out of caution, my thinking is that the age is more an issue than the actual mileage, and since it is only a $35 part and 1/2 -1 hr of labor it is cheap insurance.

Of all of them, I changed the oil with synthetic in the past, the last two I use Kirkland diesel engine oil and mostly the super tech oil filters from WM, and changed the rear dif oil at the same time at 10K intervals.

The most distance on one continuous trip is 2400 miles in approx 45 hrs and of all miles between the 5 f6b's 109 K miles of smiles, never a mechanical breakdown on any of them.

I highly recommend changing the triple tree bearings which are a joke to all balls bearings and adding wide angle rear view mirrors and LED lighting, and headlight modulators, this is a MUST-have on everyone I owned and has saved my bacon many times the rest of the stuff is personal(seat, fork springs, windshield, Heli bars, mufflers,etc,etc).

Having been riding for 50 years, and owned many brands, this by FAR is the most dependable and comfortable brand I have owned and still own.

And no I don't think I switch to the new style, done a long test ride at the wingding in 2021, not impressed, so the OG is the one for me

I update in 10 years from now, till the next anniversary.

Have changed all coolant on every one of them when I purchased them and never touched it again.

Changed brake pads when needed.Same with the air filter, and sparkplugs, flushed all hydralic fluids when purchased and never had to worry about it again.
    Last edited by maxrider; 02-20-2023 at 10:28 AM.

I sill have a non deluxe 2013 F6B, this is the greatest bike. No major problems at all 65K and running great. I have had the progressive springs done and the Centramatic wheel balancing. The bike has literally trouble free. I've been from the MD to Daytona several times, Canada, countless trips to ocean city and neighboring states, Florida, ATL. the miner issues are that the electrical system is sensitive when it comes to changing bulbs and adding new things in the line. You have to be careful. Sometimes it will work and other times it won't.

Still have my original 2013 Black DLX with 75k. All the standard mods...Progressive up front, LED's all around, MBL Risers, Madstad, Stock black exhaust from a 15 model, custom seat (4th one), have used the Rotella since the beginning. No issues (although I do have a fork seal thats leaking now). If I hit a scratch off, its a 2022 non tour.....otherwise this bike will stay in the stable. Longest trip - Seattle to Upstate NY via the Rockies (and our meet & greet from 2018). Then there was the Arkansas rally, multiple NC rallies, Daytona, Americades, South Dakota etc. Been a really great bike, absolutely love it. Got a quote to upgrade to Traxxion but hard to pull trigger on spending $4k on a 10+ year old bike with 75k

Bought my 2013 in the spring of 2014 off the dealers showroom with 0 miles. Still riding her with only 40000 kms. No issues and I think the best mod I did was HeliBars. Although the Ultimate seat and Madstad shield are great too.
    2013 F6B in black of course

F6B, indeed, heavyweight motorcycle with more comfortable seat and multiple seating modes. Actually, I didn't experience long trip over it but enjoyed short tours a lot. To me its heavy engine would be trouble for beginners, not friendly for new riders, secondly its bit more expensive.

I do love my 14 B Deluxe. I bought it used w/ 7,800 miles in Dec.2019. Now she has 29k+. I have to still ride Renegade. Stinger came w/ Pathfinder Lamps all around. I did add the pathfinder LED to the blinkers. White running and when activated the blinker is yellow. Put a Gustafsson dark screen and a set of 15 black exhaust pipes. She - Stinger is pretty much Yellow / Black now. A couple things left to do, minor. Renegade is my 98 Valkyrie Tourer and will not ever get rid of her. Not planning on leaving Stinger. I did take Stinger last your to the 2022 InZane Rally in Montana. A 2 week trip that she was flawless and 5.5k miles. Even had a fellow F6B rider in his car take a few pic's while we were in OK. He record on this site under saw a B and added my pic. Pretty funny. I think all I need now is to inspect her valves for any adjustments according to the manual.

I own a 2013 F6B Deluxe with 20,000 miles, no issues and no regrets. Have installed Madstad windshield, Fork Brace with fork tube prptectors, Highway pegs, Voltmeter and grip puppies. Love it!!!