10th Anniversary of the F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary of the F6B

Still riding my Black 2013 F6B and approaching 46,000 miles. Besides being rear-ended a few years ago and replacing the left saddlebag I have had no issues. I change oil every season and all other fluids every other year along with a set of new tires.
    Best mods have been adding heated grips backrest and centerstand before I took delivery. After that, I added a Madstad windshield and LED flashing brake lights and LED flashing everywhere except the headlights. I tried LED headlights but I liked the original headlights and their pattern better than the LED's. Grip Puppies, fog lights and Muth mirrors with clear lenses in front complete the list.
    Still amazed at how many people stop and ask what kind of bike it is.

Bought my 2013 Deluxe new in April of 2013, added a larger Clear View windshield, rider backrest. adjustable bracket for passenger backrest, and a MP3 luggage rack. Make 2 or 3 trips to Columbus Ohio area each year (aprox 700 miles round trip). Now has 93,000+ miles, have only changed tires oil, and a few headlight bulbs, plus air filter, plugs and all fluids a couple of times. Get around 17 to 19,000 on the front tire around 14,000 on the rear. Get between 40 to 45 miles per gallon on 87 octane fuel. Best bike I have ever owned. Only complaint it the work required to change the air filter.

I still have my 2013 with about 65k miles on it.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I still have my 2013 delux and will keep it til either I die or it does. I believe it will be me before the F6B. My heirs will love it as much as I do.

I didn't acquire mine until about 2 years ago. Only 27K on it. Love it.

Angry

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
    I can hardly believe it has been 10 years.
    I still have my most favorite scoot to date.
    44200,so far
    Haven't been able to get trips in that I dream of, but multi day trip Pa to NY to VT during Americade
    1. not enough riding!
    2. ghost shift.
    Every mod is the best
    1. Helibars
    2. Traxxion suspension, Kury fork brace
    3. Madstad and Baker Handwings
    4. Trailer hitch to pull Aspen camper.
    5. Bluetooth adapter to listen to music in Helmet!!!
    6. Sheepskin seat cover
    7. Led fog lights
    8. Tinted Muth mirrors
    Regrets NO Extra gear would be nice
    Future mods Removable top bag Cruise control, Denali D7 lights (for the ignorant ones who drive with high beams on)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Still have my original 2013 Black DLX with 75k. All the standard mods...Progressive up front, LED's all around, MBL Risers, Madstad, Stock black exhaust from a 15 model, custom seat (4th one), have used the Rotella since the beginning. No issues (although I do have a fork seal thats leaking now). If I hit a scratch off, its a 2022 non tour.....otherwise this bike will stay in the stable. Longest trip - Seattle to Upstate NY via the Rockies (and our meet & greet from 2018). Then there was the Arkansas rally, multiple NC rallies, Daytona, Americades, South Dakota etc. Been a really great bike, absolutely love it. Got a quote to upgrade to Traxxion but hard to pull trigger on spending $4k on a 10+ year old bike with 75k
    If you are mechanically inclined it will save you a ton it isn't a difficult job. Well worth the money. I makes the 6 so much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I still have my 2013 Standard. Only about 28,000 miles as I had some health issues that slowed me down for a couple of years. No issues or complaints. I think the best mods for me have been the 11" Madstad along with a Corbin seat. I tried an Ultimate seat for awhile but was never quite satisfied with it. My longest trip has been from Northern Indiana down to and through the Smoky Mts.
    Last edited by six2go; 03-06-2023 at 01:45 PM.

I'm done with the long-distance riding but I'm still riding my red 2013 back and forth to work, 5 days a week.

How many Miles have you accumulated? 121K +

What was your longest trip? 2017 Iron Butt Rally, 9280 miles in 11 days.
    Also, a saddle sore 4000, border to border extreme, along with multiple saddle-sore 1000's and a few Bun Burner Golds.

Any major issues? Nothing major.

Any minor issues? Had to change the speed sensor following an aftermarket cruise control install.

Best modifications that you made for your comfort? Bill Mayer custom saddle, windscreen upgrade and the cruise control.

prior to having my progressive springs done. I had a minor fork seal leak. I fixed it with the fork seal fix took all of 20 minutes to do and they never leaked again. the small piece of plastic used correctly will generally fix the problem. good luck. dont give her up. I just love mine.