Battery might be weak
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery might be weak

Battery might be weak

Yes, I believe so. It turns over but won't start. I've had Stinger for 3years with not battery issues. I'm not sure how old it is. This is my 14 F6B. Maybe the original battery don't know. I found this battery on Amazon. Says it is the right battery for the B. Any body seen/use this one? The one on the left. thx.

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Yes, I believe so. It turns over but won't start. I've had Stinger for 3years with not battery issues. I'm not sure how old it is. This is my 14 F6B. Maybe the original battery don't know. I found this battery on Amazon. Says it is the right battery for the B. Any body seen/use this one? The one on the left. thx.
    Please keep us posted if anyone tries one.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

If your running the same battery that came with your F6B, kudo's. They will definitely last if you keep a battery maintainer on them during non-use. I keep my F6B connected via pigtail to the battery constantly when I'm not riding it.

Best for you to go OEM again. I've had Duracell batteries in group 34 before. They don't last long.

Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.

Let me repeat that. Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Best for you to go OEM again.

Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.

Let me repeat that. Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.
    What Will said......

Buy a YUASA..... many, I repeat... many Goldwing owners have had their original YUASA battery last 6-10 years. It's the BEST battery for our bikes.

You will replace 3-4 cheap $100 batteries in the lifespan of 1 Yuasa $150 battery. You will save money and prevent headaches with a YUASA (Don't ask how I know)
    Just my 2 cents

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Apparent difference only, both function same plus a lot of battery brands are available now you can try them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    What Will said......

Buy a YUASA..... many, I repeat... many Goldwing owners have had their original YUASA battery last 6-10 years. It's the BEST battery for our bikes.

You will replace 3-4 cheap $100 batteries in the lifespan of 1 Yuasa $150 battery. You will save money and prevent headaches with a YUASA (Don't ask how I know)
    Just my 2 cents
    You bet YUASA , I second that
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I'm on the prefer Yuasa bandwagon, always when I can.
    I did an Interstate on last bike, last 5 years, was still going strong. It's not like Energizer is a bad brand, my biggest concern would be getting a fake battery off Amazon. If it came from a reputable supplier, I wouldn't be afraid to try it.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

My original 2013 battery is still going strong. It spins the motor over fast.
    It sits in the trailer all winter and starts fast in the spring with no charging in between.
    But I will get her a new battery this year anyway.
    The old battery will be a good 12v source for testing for a few more years if you keep it charged.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    My original 2013 battery is still going strong. It spins the motor over fast.
    It sits in the trailer all winter and starts fast in the spring with no charging in between.
    But I will get her a new battery this year anyway.
    The old battery will be a good 12v source for testing for a few more years if you keep it charged.
    Wow that is longer than mine. I do believe this is the original battery on my 14B. I called my local shop to see if he had the OEM battery and he said he could have me one by this Thursday. Sell it to me for $165+tax. I said done deal. I've never checked on the battery since I've owned the bike in the 3 years. I should have checked it last year before I made my 5,500 mile trip to Montana. Shame on me! Leaving FL in June and going thru TX we hit temps of over 108 degrees. I figure I was pretty lucky. So I've got an OEM coming and went ahead and took out the existing one. I believe it is the original. Look at the corrosion on the positive post.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    I do believe this is the original battery on my 14B.
    Yes, that does look like the original.

Most likely produced in 2013 .

You got your money's worth

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.