Battery might be weak - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery might be weak

There should be a series of numbers that may still be legible that begin with a letter and end in 4 or 5 numbers. A call to Yuasa tech will get you the date of manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
    There should be a series of numbers that may still be legible that begin with a letter and end in 4 or 5 numbers. A call to Yuasa tech will get you the date of manufacture.
    Hmmm, I may do that just for knowing for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    What Will said......

Buy a YUASA..... many, I repeat... many Goldwing owners have had their original YUASA battery last 6-10 years. It's the BEST battery for our bikes.

You will replace 3-4 cheap $100 batteries in the lifespan of 1 Yuasa $150 battery. You will save money and prevent headaches with a YUASA (Don't ask how I know)
    Just my 2 cents
    I'm also on the OEM YUASA bandwagon as all my steel steeds have YUASA batteries in them and never had one let me down.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I replaced min 16 with a Yusa battery and I always have before on my wing's, But, I replaced mine in 2021. when I was. checking everything out this past May before cross country trip, checked the battery voltage and it 12.13, then steadily drops below 12 volts. As a retired electronics tech and mechanicing all my life, I replaced it with the above battery, Energizer. Very disappointed with Yusa!

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    I replaced min 16 with a Yusa battery and I always have before on my wing's, But, I replaced mine in 2021. when I was. checking everything out this past May before cross country trip, checked the battery voltage and it 12.13, then steadily drops below 12 volts. As a retired electronics tech and mechanicing all my life, I replaced it with the above battery, Energizer. Very disappointed with Yusa!
    Could it be you got a dud. I bought a 2016 last year and it looks like an original Yuasa, did a X-country last year, no problems, and will do Alaska this year with the same battery. I do keep it tendered, not sure if that makes a difference, you're the expert on that. Look at Ronald Reagan Jr., even the Gipper produces a hunk of $hyte every once in a while, then there's Patti Davis, maybe twice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taxfree4; 03-02-2023 at 08:32 AM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Could it be you got a dud. I bought a 2016 last year and it looks like an original Yuasa, did a X-country last year, no problems, and will do Alaska this year with the same battery. I do keep it tendered, not sure if that makes a difference, you're the expert on that. Look at Ronald Reagan Jr., even the Gipper produces a hunk of $hyte every once in a while, then there's Patti Davis, maybe twice.

Good point! Hard to believe you live in NY! Your name should be taxslave24/7!

We have room in Florida for people like you!
    Last edited by KeyWasted; 03-02-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
    Good point! Hard to believe you live in NY! Your name should be taxslave24/7!

We have room in Florida for people like you!
    Mike doesn't pay taxes. He figured the system out long ago.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Mike doesn't pay taxes. He figured the system out long ago.
    It's based on voluntary compliance, I just volunteered not to comply. My mom lives in Boynton Beach so I go down every couple of months to repair whatever then I come home to rest. Don't let DeSantis run for president, you don't want lose him. Maybe 2028 when ALL the Dems are voted out of the Fla. legislature
    Last edited by taxfree4; 03-02-2023 at 12:20 PM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius