RDL seat and handle bars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RDL seat and handle bars

RDL seat and handle bars

I finally took a ride on the bike after installing the RDL seat, its an amazing seat after just a few miles I call feel the change.
    My only problem now is the handle bars are too Low and too far away from me, so I am just about to pull the wallet out to buy the Heliobars. I am not wanting to pay the local shop about $300 but also know its more than I can do myself .
    Ive always heard the difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys....I am starting to believe that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
    I finally took a ride on the bike after installing the RDL seat, its an amazing seat after just a few miles I call feel the change.
    My only problem now is the handle bars are too Low and too far away from me, so I am just about to pull the wallet out to buy the Heliobars. I am not wanting to pay the local shop about $300 but also know its more than I can do myself .
    Ive always heard the difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys....I am starting to believe that now.
    You can do the Helibars, Slow and steady, step by step, just a couple of tools. It'll make just as much a difference for your arms, and overall riding position, ss the RDL did for your...it completes the set.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Concur with what Taxfree4 said, in addition, I would take pictures of the way the cables are routed when you are disassembling the old system, that might be the only way you could have an issue, trying to guess the proper route of a cable, however eventually you figure it out without the picture for reference, it just saves you time.

Handle bars effect a lot rider's posture and back as well like cruiser's handlebars are fitted according to rider's height, which is a bit more comfortable than the others, as compared to sports motorcycle which usually have high tanks and high handle which can't be handle except the professionals.

Plus, the Helibars' crossbar stabilizes the front end for a solid ride. If you're really iffy about it Franklin is about 10 hours away from me, you ride in 5 hours, I'll ride in 5 hours and we can meet at a place right off I-70 and do it. I'm free Wednesday to Saturday morning, have to be home by Saturday afternoon. After Lent though as it'll be a little warmer, and mostly because I gave up drinking for Lent. I'd consider it an insult not have a drink or two in celebration of your stabilization.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

You can do it

Beware the cables and hoses not being long enough when you get done.
    I put just the risers on mine and to get it where i wanted it, everything was stretched to the max.
    There was more adjustment, if I wanted to replace the hydrolic hoses and dig deep to reroute the wiring.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Your stock cables and wiring are enough in length to fit with the risers in the maximum adjusted position, I know have done it 3 times, your extensions for the brakes and clutch lines included, and that is what you really need to gain the fit.

Just take your time, and have some grip glue, a hairdryer, or another suitable tool(heat gun) to loosen up the glue on the left side, some dish soap, read the manual a few times, get the tools needed, and in a few hours you too can join the club of Happy Riders.

Take up Tax he has done it by trial and error .

Have some extra Zip ties, black 8-10 ".
    Last edited by maxrider; 03-20-2023 at 06:22 PM. Reason: add item

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Your stock cables and wiring are enough in length to fit with the risers in the maximum adjusted position, I know have done it 3 times, your extensions for the brakes are included, and that is what you really need to gain the fit.

Just take your time, and have some grip glue, a hairdryer, or another suitable tool(heat gun) to loosen up the glue on the left side, some dish soap, read the manual a few times, get the tools needed, and in a few hours you too can join the club of Happy Riders.

Take up Tax he has done it by trial and error .

Have some extra Zip ties, black 8-10 ".
    +1 0n what taxfree4 and Max says, I did my Helibars install in about 4 hours and did not have to bleed the clutch or front brake lines(read install instructions on how to do this) best instructions ever on how to do. Lay your parts out and know what steps in order to do. The OEM cables will fit with a little adjustment of their positioning. The Helibars are the only way I could get my F6B to fit me and make day long rides comfertable, As to the RDL saddle I have been riding them for over 30 years and will never be without one on my steel steeds. I run an RDL on my VTX1800ctro, 2005 and 2004 Runes and my F6B. I plan to have one built for my KLR 650cc duel sport. The RDL saddle is like having your butt held in two hands with total support and comfert. If ya go with an RDL tell Jay Big Larry recomened them LOL.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I definitely appreciate all the feed back, and I am actually leaning towards doing it myself....well with help from a buddy who is better mechanically inclined.
    I am planning on installing them as so as they get here, hopefully before the 30th, because I have a ride down to Hattiesburg Mississippi planed for that weekend .