的nsurers are very good at knowing when they can deny a claim and patients will grumb

Thread: 的nsurers are very good at knowing when they can deny a claim and patients will grumb

的nsurers are very good at knowing when they can deny a claim and patients will grumb

For the more mature crowd, who might be faced with this dilemma, which seems to be prevalent in the industry, not limited to the one described in the linked article.

It seems that one has to be more informed and certainly more aggressive in pursuing a denial from Insurance companies, and knowing how they base their decisions might give you an insight as to why.

Consider this PSA , no bone to pick with one and or any other medical insurance company as of now.

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...jection-claims

Knowledge gleaned from the posted article: Don't get sick.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

No, I disagree with that statement, it is rather shortsighted, more appropriate would be stay informed and don't get hosed, like most folks do when they are faced with an obstacle that requires effort, but that is just my opinion.

Not getting sick and or not using medical services for preventive care is most likely not an option that we should or could skip, save the few diehards.
    Last edited by maxrider; 03-25-2023 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    No, I disagree with that statement, it is rather shortsighted, more appropriate would be stay informed and don't get hosed, like most folks do when they are faced with an obstacle that requires effort, but that is just my opinion.

Not getting sick and or not using medical services for preventive care is most likely not an option that we should or could skip, save the few diehards.
    Of course you disagree. What I am saying is we should all strive to be in the best of health. That is an option available to all of us. Don't get fat. You must see the forest for the tree's. But maybe out there, all of your forest fires, droughts, mudslides, earthquakes and recent snowy conditions have obliterated them. So I understand. Completely.
    Last edited by willtill; 03-25-2023 at 04:30 PM.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

So based upon "What I am saying" but not writing? Now you getting me confused.

But there is some good advice when you wrote, to strive to be in the best of my health.

You must see the forest for the trees, yup good advice, however parlaying it with recent CA natural weather disasters might offend some readers from this Golden State,who suffered losses and or hardships, but I see your smiley face, so I'm sure you did not mean to be factual and or Absolute again in your writings

Stay away from sugar, flour, seed oil, especially, your body does not need carbohydrates, if it does it'll make it from ketones. Sugar fuels cancer and all metabolic syndrome i.e high blood pressure, diabetes etc. One meal a day, weight train daily and stay away from polyunsaturated fat, its poison. I'm living proof it works. 2 1/2 years on the regimen, went from 210 lbs, 38 waist w high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high cholesterol to now 185 lbs, 34 waist with normal BP and cholesterol and no RA flare ups. Doctors don't treat causes, just symptoms and the average doctor is taught zero about nutrition. I am on strictly carnivore right now, 1 lb of chop meat a day, and don't get hungry for 24 hrs. PLEASE, adjust your eating, it'll change your life. Additionally, I have a huge incentive...I have 3 ex wives to bury.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I would love to go on an Adkins diet and follow on with a change in my eating habits reflecting it. I do like my beer and occasional breads/taters/rice etc though. So it's a hard change in lifestyle for me. Sweets I do not eat so much.

My wife is going to Floruduh for the next two weeks soon. I may go meat only for the entire time she is gone. As a test. Meat, bacon, eggs, some dairy. But I will have to stop beer. That's the hard part.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I would love to go on an Adkins diet and follow on with a change in my eating habits reflecting it. I do like my beer and occasional breads/taters/rice etc though. So it's a hard change in lifestyle for me. Sweets I do not eat so much.

My wife is going to Floruduh for the next two weeks soon. I may go meat only for the entire time she is gone. As a test. Meat, bacon, eggs, some dairy. But I will have to stop beer. That's the hard part.
    Try bourbon. no carbs - less drinking, more buzz. Adkins allows 40-50 grams of carbs a day, I limit it to 20 when I have carbs, which is rare. Mostly it is 0 carbs. Thats why I wasn't worried putting off Alaska till next year, one more year of training, eating one meal a day I'll actually be in better shape next year.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius