Metzeler Tires

Thread: Metzeler Tires

Metzeler Tires

Last summer, I was riding back from Tampa and was on the Panhandle. I caught a screw or something and I had a rapid depressurization of the tire. My sensor said 38/28/24/18 in about 10 seconds. I promptly got off the road. Long story short, there was actually an open Honda place on a MONDAY! They replaced my Metzeler wih Dunlop. Aside from not liking screws, I had zero complaints about the Metzeler, but did find that they had a larger outside radius than the Dunlops or Metzelers. My speedometer was 5mph off, and there was less clearance between the rear tire and the ground when the bike was on the center stand. Just a bit of info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    Last summer, I was riding back from Tampa and was on the Panhandle. I caught a screw or something and I had a rapid depressurization of the tire. My sensor said 38/28/24/18 in about 10 seconds. I promptly got off the road. Long story short, there was actually an open Honda place on a MONDAY! They replaced my Metzeler wih Dunlop. Aside from not liking screws, I had zero complaints about the Metzeler, but did find that they had a larger outside radius than the Dunlops or Metzelers. My speedometer was 5mph off, and there was less clearance between the rear tire and the ground when the bike was on the center stand. Just a bit of info.
    That quick depressurization happened to me on my VTX 1800 when my front valve stem broke. I had installed a 90* on it to ease pressure checking and didn’t read the part about removing it afterwards. The side forces at speed cracked the valve stem. Fortunately I was doing about 30mph on a park road in the Everglades and had some friends with me. Bad feeling. Glad you didn’t crash and burn! Your comment comparing Dunlops to Metzelers is confusing. Did you mean Bridgestone?

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
    That quick depressurization happened to me on my VTX 1800 when my front valve stem broke. I had installed a 90* on it to ease pressure checking and didn’t read the part about removing it afterwards. The side forces at speed cracked the valve stem. Fortunately I was doing about 30mph on a park road in the Everglades and had some friends with me. Bad feeling. Glad you didn’t crash and burn! Your comment comparing Dunlops to Metzelers is confusing. Did you mean Bridgestone?
    No, I have had both Bridgestone's and Dunlops. The Metzelers seem to be a wee bit thicker than those. Their inside radius fits the rim, but they have a bigger outside radius rubber to axel. It fits, but it changes the numbers of the speedometer. I had run off the road in a construction zone and was on the shoulder for about 10 yds. I picked something up. Luckily I was right at an exit, but did not make it up the exit ramp. It took a bit to get a wrecker there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Get yourself a "Spedohealer" part # SH-V4 and the wiring kit to suit your year model. Part #SH-H01 for a 2013. They are plug and play with clear instructions on installation.
    Chances are that your spedo was overstating by 3.72mph from standard. The 2013 Canadian model with Bridgestones fitted had this error when checked against a GPS.