Thank God for global warming - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank God for global warming

Coincidentally, just replaced my front tire today. Installed a Bridgestone Exedra Max with 2oz of beads. Haven’t rolled it yet so can't comment on whether it resolved my front end shimmy when I let go of the bars. I’m headed north off the rock in a few days so I’ll get to wear the new off it. My rear car tire is excellent.

What keeps you in NY?
    Last edited by KeyWasted; 04-12-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post

Coincidentally, just replaced my front tire today. Installed a Bridgestone Exedra Max with 2oz of beads. Haven’t rolled it yet so can't comment on whether it resolved my front end shimmy when I let go go of the bars. I’m headed north off the rock in a few days so I’ll get to wear the new off it. My rear car tire is excellent.

What keeps you in NY?
    I'm interested in seeing the difference, tire-wise, in having that rear tire on front. Since I put the Heli-bars on its pretty stable in the front as that crossbar really does the trick. What keeps me in NY in order of importance1. Grandkids in 2 different boroughs 2. My chapel (Traditional Latin Liturgy is scarce) 3.Business interests that I need to stay local 4. Location (on the water, JFK Airport is 10 minutes away, Knights of Columbus next door.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by taxfree4; 04-12-2023 at 09:21 AM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I'm interested in seeing the difference, tire-wise, in having that rear tire on front. Since I put the Heli-bars on its pretty stable in the front as that crossbar really does the trick. What keeps me in NY in order of importance1. Grandkids in 2 different boroughs 2. My chapel (Traditional Latin Liturgy is scarce) 3.Business interests that I need to stay local 4. Location (on the water, JFK Airport is 10 minutes away, Knights of Columbus next door.
    My wife and I became grandparents for the first time 3 months ago. I can understand the draw of a grandchild now. Unfortunately, he’s in Connecticut and soon to be in New Jersey, so we can’t see him as often as we would like to, like daily. All others are perfectly reasonable, especially the chapel and the water.
    Last edited by KeyWasted; 04-12-2023 at 11:07 AM.

My wife and I became grandparents for the first time 3 months ago. I can understand the draw of a grandchild now. Unfortunately, he’s in Connecticut and soon to be in New Jersey, so we can’t see him as often as we would like to, like daily. All others are perfectly reasonable, especially the chapel and the water.
    Congratulations, there is nothing like a little child calling you "grandpa". It completes everything in the circle of life. I gave him a remote control crane for Christmas, my son sent me the attached picture last week, he goes to bed with it right there every night, stick a fork in me I'm done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations, there is nothing like a little child calling you "grandpa". It completes everything in the circle of life. I gave him a remote control crane for Christmas, my son sent me the attached picture last week, he goes to bed with it right there every night, stick a fork in me I'm done.
    Perfect. That kid has great dreams.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Great pic! There’s still hope in the world. Too many kids go to bed with their iPad.

Great pic! There’s still hope in the world. Too many kids go to bed with their iPad.
    My son does not have a TV in his house, he refuses. No iPad just books. His wife does not like to go out to eat, they cook every night.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Perfect. That kid has great dreams.
    His father is a boom crane operator so, hopefully, he'll follow in his footsteps.