Mega Monty

Thread: Mega Monty

Mega Monty

My B has 75k on the clock and is 10 years old....so I have been considering trading it in. After getting some quotes for trade in from a couple of Honda dealers and getting prices on new ones, I had been looking at alternatives. Got quotes from Traxxion for the Mega Monty. This seems to be a crazy idea, dropping $4k on a 10 year old bike, but I really love this bike. Its been trouble free and is a blast to ride. So I did it...made reservations at Traxxion in Woodstock GA which is a really nice 2 hour drive from my place in east TN. Made the trip there Monday afternoon and dropped the bike off. Uber to nearby hotel and a really nice evening in Woodstock GA visiting brewpubs and local shops. Had a set of new Stones with me and the next morning picked up the wheels at Traxxion and brought them to local shop for mounting. By 1 that afternoon, bike was ready. Had nice conversations with Max and the guys at Traxxion then took off for home. They asked me to e-mail them when I really noticed the new upgrade. Well, it was when I drove out of their lot and over a small curb....the train tracks, bridge transitions etc were a fraction of what they were before. New tires so I took it slow and easy on way home. Yesterday I had errands to run and took the bike. There are some pretty twisty roads around here and I am familiar with them so I was able to better judge. Its an amazing difference! I thought my bike handled well before but I was wrong. Its amazing! The bike just lays into the sweepers, rock solid. Tight turns, off camber, seems to be almost a new bike. Its Thursday now, and I havent driven a car since the upgrade and if the weather holds I have no plans to change that. I sit a little higher than before with the new rear shock but its not an issue. Happy guy right now, looks like my beloved B will be in the stable for years.

Definitely a difference Traxxion makes with their suspension upgrades. I did my front end with them (Axxion cartridges/fork rebuild/head bearings/triple tree) right before one of our F6B rally's down there. It's worth the money. I didn't do the rear shock at that time though because of low miles, but when I go back to them to have my front fork oil refreshed, I'll also have them do the rear shock.
    Last edited by willtill; 04-13-2023 at 08:38 AM.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I have been considering the same in the future. Yes, it's a 10 year old bike but I honestly don't anticipate ever replacing it. The new bikes are nice but I am still satisfied with what I have so a 3-4k investment becomes more palatable.

A set of Helibars, swapping out OEM to Progressive fronts,anti-dive washer, fork brace, and rear tire BT-46 up front,all-Balls bearing, same results, far less money, not quite Mega Money

Tried and proven, results may vary.

Undoubtedly will get responses from those who overpaid
    Last edited by maxrider; 04-13-2023 at 09:37 PM.

I also have a 2013 F6B with 65K and had the traxion installed on the front and boy is it a big difference to the stock front springs. It actually grabs the ground better if that is possible. It does handle differently. What was good is now just better than ever.

Well I guess thats me who "overpaid".....But had the risers, progressives, fork brace. But definitely not same results. Do what youre gonna do, dont shit on me for what I decide to do to my bike

Tried and proven, RESULTS MAY VARY, don't feel bad, you did what you wanted to do, and I did not shit on you, neither did I decide what you wanted to do on your bike.

I just wanted to express an opposing view to those who in MY opinion might pay more for equal and or potentially fewer results, that's why if you read the RESULTS may vary.

So yes in closing I did what I was going to do, did not shit on you, and just affirmed on what I was already anticipating"Undoubtedly will get responses from those who overpaid " with my smiley face.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    Tried and proven, RESULTS MAY VARY, don't feel bad, you did what you wanted to do, and I did not shit on you, neither did I decide what you wanted to do on your bike.

I just wanted to express an opposing view to those who in MY opinion might pay more for equal and or potentially fewer results, that's why if you read the RESULTS may vary.

So yes in closing I did what I was going to do, did not shit on you, and just affirmed on what I was already anticipating"Undoubtedly will get responses from those who overpaid " with my smiley face.
    You shall be now forever known as the forum shyte stirrer. (said with my smiley face).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    had the risers, progressives, fork brace
    I’ve done the same and installed AllBalls bearings as well. Progressives made the most difference that I could tell. Interested to hear about the discernible differences when you moved to Traxxion.
    Last edited by F6Pilot; 04-23-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Haha, I take that Honor "shyte stirrer", it beats conforming A H all good, glad somebody saw the humor