Baby has a new stone, and shoes

Thread: Baby has a new stone, and shoes

Baby has a new stone, and shoes

Had the BattleAx BT46 mounted today in the front. They said I needed new front brakes and they would do it without any extra labor cost so what the hell, might as well. Only did 10 miles on the tire because it looks like storms but headed to NJ on Monday and will get a real feel for them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Took a 20 mile ride, watching out for rain. Felt the usual i.e. sitting higher in the front, slight vibration in the Heli-bars, not much, but I'm sure once its broken in that'll go. Very stable, but I'll do the NJ run on Monday and touch back.

Might double check cold tire pressure.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

Cold AP is right on the head 41 psi. My guess is its actually a rear tire, mounted reverse rotation, so it'll take a little while to smooth out.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Cold AP is right on the head 41 psi. My guess is its actually a rear tire, mounted reverse rotation, so it'll take a little while to smooth out.
    IMHO... I believe all MC tires should be run in the manufacture's recommended rotation due to the way the rubber is laid on during manufacturing. Nice read about MC tire construction https://www.rideapart.com/features/2...%20motorcycle. I do not have any problems with running a rear MC tire on the front and do it on my Runes(OEM Rune tires are not made any more, very difficult to find), but I always mount so rotating the tire is in the recommended direction.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    IMHO... I believe all MC tires should be run in the manufacture's recommended rotation due to the way the rubber is laid on during manufacturing. Nice read about MC tire construction https://www.rideapart.com/features/2...%20motorcycle. I do not have any problems with running a rear MC tire on the front and do it on my Runes(OEM Rune tires are not made any more, very difficult to find), but I always mount so rotating the tire is in the recommended direction.
    Noted, I am banking on the asymmetrical pattern of the tire, especially centerline, where it is direction neutral as it would be identical if you turned it back the other way. As far as the sides the only difference I see is the profile is the little dangle off the square.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 04-23-2023 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Had the BattleAx BT46 mounted today in the front. They said I needed new front brakes and they would do it without any extra labor cost so what the hell, might as well. Only did 10 miles on the tire because it looks like storms but headed to NJ on Monday and will get a real feel for them.
    Interesting, Looks kinda like my Bridgestone on the front but larger tread ctr good for rain. So is that a Michelin tire?

Quote Originally Posted by FarsideF6B View Post
    Interesting, Looks kinda like my Bridgestone on the front but larger tread ctr good for rain. So is that a Michelin tire?
    Its a Bridgestone. Took a 150 mile ride today, twists and turns on I-80 at 60-70 mph with no problem. No shimmy, drift or travel