OEM GW Windshield - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OEM GW Windshield

Thanks for the heads up but I already dealt with this when I got my Baggershield for a GW. I ended up using the center hardware for the GW and the stock F6B bolts/washers on the sides. This way there's two choices, all the way up or all the way down. Works good and makes it secure. I fuzzed out the sides cuz I was trying something different at the time.

Attachment 3524

Bobby where did you get the center hardware from? I wouldn't mind getting that piece for mine if it can be purchased...

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    Bobby where did you get the center hardware from? I wouldn't mind getting that piece for mine if it can be purchased...
    Ordered it from my local dealer. You need the front and back pieces and two screws. I also ordered the pieces for both sides but ended up not using them and used the F6B bolts.

You need numbers 33, 34, 40 and 57. Check out this link:

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempa...437/windscreen

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    What can one do when it's after 6 PM,,, you're in a motel parking lot hundreds of miles from home,,,, and you discover the GL1800 shield slots are too large for the F6B hardware?

Do what I did,,, Just walk next door to Lowe's and pick up a few fender washers!!! LOL!!!!

Not quite as nice as OEM stuff though,,

I prefer Ace...but same diff......$75 for a shield is cheap...then pick up a vent ...done....no brainer !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Why not try a F4 Custom windshield. They come in 14,16, 18, or 20 inch sizes. Measured from the weatherstrip up. Tinted or clear, With a vent or without. Unbelievable clarity, sheds water like mad, resists scratches, Clean up with only a paper towel and Windex. Best windshield I ever bought.

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    Why not try a F4 Custom windshield. They come in 14,16, 18, or 20 inch sizes. Measured from the weatherstrip up. Tinted or clear, With a vent or without. Unbelievable clarity, sheds water like mad, resists scratches, Clean up with only a paper towel and Windex. Best windshield I ever bought.
    Why spend all that money on one when you can have a collection?

Well 3 windshields at $150.00 each times 3 equals $450.00. That's more than the cost of 1 F4 and you get a windshield made to fit an F6B , plus all the hardware to mount it.

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    Well 3 windshields at $150.00 each times 3 equals $450.00. That's more than the cost of 1 F4 and you get a windshield made to fit an F6B , plus all the hardware to mount it.
    Some of us are stubborn and have to do everything the hard way.

Thanks! I'm probably going to order the parts I need just because it will make me feel better. My setup works but it's not right if you know what i mean. The VStream windshield I got is really really clear and I'm very happy with it, especially for the price. I had the F4 on my other wing, also a great shield.