OEM GW Windshield - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OEM GW Windshield

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Why spend all that money on one when you can have a collection?
    LMAO!!!!

If we could only have ONE, and be 100% convinced it was a do-all, best-of-anything product, neither you or I would have a bunch of shields laying around from the LAST bike!!! (I still have five from the long-gone Yami here in my home office!)

I suppose an F4 would be nice, but for me, the ticket price for that ride is $425.00 (didn't go any further than that so I couldn't tell ya if shipping was included or not)

Buy the F4 Custom u be very happy you did !!
    Ok he's done

Or a fully adjustable Madstad, ~3 Ben~, .

Ya know, I bought the Honda OEM tall windshield for the F6B when I bought the bike last February. It was the only option available specifically for our bikes at the time. It measures 16 3/4" from the rubber strip up and works just great for me. When it gets all scratched up, I do believe the F4 will be the replacement unless something better comes along but that will be down the road. What I have has worked great for me and matches the lines of the bike.

Attachment 3580
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Ya know, I bought the Honda OEM tall windshield for the F6B when I bought the bike last February. It was the only option available specifically for our bikes at the time. It measures 16 3/4" from the rubber strip up and works just great for me. When it gets all scratched up, I do believe the F4 will be the replacement unless something better comes along but that will be down the road. What I have has worked great for me and matches the lines of the bike.

Attachment 3580
    +1

Tom:

I did the same with the purchase and installation of the OEM F6B windshield before taking delivery of my bike. I'm completely satisfied with the shield. I especially like the adjustable vent which provides some great relief on extremely hot days. Fit and finish are typical Honda. May dealer cut $100.00 off the original $199.00 retail price. Having bought my last several bikes from him, he thought it was good business

Update

So a few weeks ago I ordered a Memphis Shades GL1800 windshield with vent. I received a windshield without vent, so I'm sending it back. I'm not gonna say the vendor so I don't hurt anyones feelings.

Anyway, I called around today and found a used OEM shield and I scored it for $65, with vent! What a deal.

I installed it but then realized it sits way too high, so I took it home and got to tinkering. I drilled it out using the stock F6B shield as a template and what do you know? I actually got it to fit perfect.

It's measures 16 3/4 inches (same as tall F6B shield) but it's wider. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. BTW, I was afraid to crack the shield but I had no issues when drilling it. I started with a small bit and worked my way up to the right size hole. It was much easier than expected. Oh yeah, and I notched out the lower middle to fit behind the plastic "wing" that blocks the holes up front.

Attachment 3686 Attachment 3687

There's no cracks, just marks that wiped off.

If anyone is reading this thread here's more info.

I rode half the day yesterday and the 16 3/4 inch high shield drove me bonkers!

The whole time it was over/under/over/under, it drove me crazy. I really thought this would be the magic number for me but I was wrong. If I sit up straight I can see over but if I relax the top of the shield is right on the horizon.

So for now I gave up and I'm going to look through it. I modified the shield to go up 2 inches and I'll live with that through the winter.

When it starts warming up I will be deciding between the Madstad and Windbender. The Windbender looks better to me. Who knows, maybe I'll just put the stock shield back on and get some speakers for my full face helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post

Who knows, maybe I'll just put the stock shield back on and get some speakers for my full face helmet.
    Works great for me!

For $65, with a vent,,,, sweet deal!

Break out the jig saw and lop off the lower 'ears' so it will slid down in another inch or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    For $65, with a vent,,,, sweet deal!

Break out the jig saw and lop off the lower 'ears' so it will slid down in another inch or so.
    Good idea, that might happen.